Bonnie....another last minute change on Dec. 1 Quest

midwestchick

I don't understand why we have yet another last minute change on Dec. 16. Now we're going to Ocho Rios instead of Labadee and there are no shore excursions available. My TA is not even aware of the change yet. What is going on with Azamara and their port changes? I wish we would get an explanation.

I don't understand why we have yet another last minute change on Dec. 16. Now we're going to Ocho Rios instead of Labadee and there are no shore excursions available. My TA is not even aware of the change yet. What is going on with Azamara and their port changes? I wish we would get an explanation.

I believe Bonnie said we'd see a communication on this by Monday, and sooner if she's able to get it and post it here.

I, for one, am pleased not to be going to Labadee where there would have been up to 5400 passengers from Allure of the Seas along with little old us'ns. We have three weeks between now and Ocho Rios and I expect there will be shore excursions available before December 16. Excursions are too good a money-maker for the cruise line to pass them up.

Edited by marinaro44

I believe Bonnie said we'd see a communication on this by Monday, and sooner if she's able to get it and post it here.

I, for one, am pleased not to be going to Labadee where there would have been up to 5400 passengers from Allure of the Seas along with little old us'ns. We have three weeks between now and Ocho Rios and I expect there will be shore excursions available before December 16. Excursions are too good a money-maker for the cruise line to pass them up.

Thanks, marinaro. I don't think I saw Bonnie's post about a communication. Somehow I missed it. Labadee doesn't bother me either...I've seen enough pics and videos from the X trip reports to know I wouldn't want to go there.

I just found it strange there are so many last minute changes.

Now, back to packing. :D

Edited by midwestchick

This change is done because at least one German TA, which booked for a group of Germans, complained about the former changes. We were looking forward to go to Jamaika and not to Labadee! But we were already told two days ago from our TA that Jamaica will come back on the itinerary.

Edited by GermanUser

Hello Midwestchick,

As marinaro44 mentions, on another thread I've posted that an official communication should come out tomorrow, Monday.

I know it's unsettling to have so many port changes, and so close in to departure. It's unsettling for us as well....this is NOT our SOP, as you know from sailing so often with Azamara.

Changes are only made for *three reasons*...operational necessity (e.g. no pier or tendering possibility, etc), guest satisfaction, and/or guest safety (weather, etc.)

*If I think of any other reasons I'll post them!

Hello Midwestchick,

As marinaro44 mentions, on another thread I've posted that an official communication should come out tomorrow, Monday.

I know it's unsettling to have so many port changes, and so close in to departure. It's unsettling for us as well....this is NOT our SOP, as you know from sailing so often with Azamara.

Changes are only made for *three reasons*...operational necessity (e.g. no pier or tendering possibility, etc), guest satisfaction, and/or guest safety (weather, etc.)

*If I think of any other reasons I'll post them!

Thank you, Bonnie. Now, as long as our flight isn't affected by the United strike, we should be good to go. Keeping everything crossed I possibly can.