Croatia: Olive Oils and Truffle Oils

BBMacLaird

Our guest blogger, Ann Tran, has written about visiting Croatia and learning about the local olive and truffle oils.

"Croatia produces oils from both olives and truffles grown in the richest Mediterranean soils on family farms. The word is getting out, though, so pack your bags and experience an intimate farm-to-mouth tasting you’ll never forget."

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/blog/croatia-land-olive-and-truffle-oils

croatia-AnnTran.jpg.001c33c8ccfd9450e8b895fc6dc6fcaa.jpg

The article made me check out the LCV Voyage, but all balcony cabins are taken!

As a LCV member you're eligible to apply for the $398 upgrade, in case you want to purchase an Oceanview stateroom.

Of course there will be plenty of LCV members on this sailing, perhaps others will apply for the upgrade?

This looks very interesting. The May 13 sailing sailing has Croatia on its itinerary. We are on that sailing!

We sailed Journey last Sept., RT out of Venice, and our time with Natural Hvar Tours was the highlight of our cruise. Expert guided bicycle tour with Grgo, stunning scenery, and the estate-made olive oil offered at tour's end was heavenly. We cycled a UNESCO heritage site, happened onto a village Small Boat Festival, and were offered hand crafted cheeses, garden fresh tomatoes, and wine & olive oil from the estate. And, they picked us up from the dock & returned us at tour's end. I'd return to Croatia simply to take another of this company's tours!

Croatia is beautiful. I have cruise with the Journey from Venice to Croatia in July this year and I have liked very much Hvar and Split. Dubrovnik has too many visitors and people are not as friendly as they use to be. However I will not hesitate to go back. Wonderful olive oil and truffle spread too.