Shower curtain or shower door in Club Veranda ???

Piaa

Good morning - can anyone tell me if (after the refit on Quest) if the Club Veranda rooms have a shower curtain or a shower door? (so hoping for a door - hate dealing with a gropy plastic shower curtain LOL)

Thanks everyone

Edited by Piaa

Good morning - can anyone tell me if (after the refit on Quest) if the Club Veranda rooms have a shower curtain or a shower door? (so hoping for a door - hate dealing with a gropy plastic shower curtain LOL)

Thanks everyone

It's a curtain, and it's not an issue. There is insufficient room for a door to open either in or out. I've never been "groped" by the curtain.

It's a curtain, and it's not an issue. There is insufficient room for a door to open either in or out. I've never been "groped" by the curtain.

It was an issue for both my husband and myself, as the fan blows the curtain inwards.

When we were on the Quest TA, the clothes lines hadn't been replaced, although they were on board. The Captain estimated they would all be fitted in 3 months. Half that time has already passed.

Edited by upwarduk

It was an issue for both my husband and myself, as the fan blows the curtain inwards.

When we were on the Quest TA, the clothes lines hadn't been replaced, although they were on board. The Captain estimated they would all be fitted in 3 months. Half that time has already passed.

I'm not sure what the clothesline has to do with the shower curtain, but clotheslines were being installed on Quest in October.

I've taken at least 400 showers in Azamara bathrooms with shower curtains and never have had an issue with the curtain and neither has my wife.

I've taken at least 400 showers in Azamara bathrooms with shower curtains and never have had an issue with the curtain and neither has my wife.

That's a lot of showers! I'm jealous, unless it's your habit to shower a dozen times a day, so the 400 reflects only a few Azamara cruises.

I've only showered a fraction of that number on Journey, but the shower curtain wasn't a problem at all. Seemed as though it was well enough weighted at the bottom to keep it where it should be. The fan didn't move it.

Melissa

I'm not unusually large, but the shower curtain clings to me. DW didn't notice it, because she takes short showers -- I enjoy soaking in the steamy water and after a while it definitely softens up and gets real chummy. [This didn't happen on NCL Pride of America, but that's the only good thing I can say about that ship -- other than the fabulous itinerary!]

• 2 weeks later...

Jackie,

I know that you are very keen that the clothes line returns to the bathroom but doesn't your loyalty level allow you free laundry?

Jackie,

I know that you are very keen that the clothes line returns to the bathroom but doesn't your loyalty level allow you free laundry?

Yes, but I prefer to wash my 'smalls' through the sink. Also wouldn't consider sending my swimming costume to the laundry, prefer to hang it to drip dry!

I used the laundry room but prefer to air dry my shirts and jeans. Obviously the bathroom line would not be long enough or get enough air movement.

I brought with me a line like this: https://www.amazon.com/Marrywindix-Portable-Windproof-Clothesline-Dormitory/dp/B00O7G0F30/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1480002712&sr=8-12&keywords=clothesline+cord

I used the veranda curtain tie backs as my anchors. The line reached almost double. The steward was fine with it as the clothes were not outside. By the time we were back from sightseeing, the clothes were almost all dry.

I'm not unusually large, but the shower curtain clings to me. DW didn't notice it, because she takes short showers -- I enjoy soaking in the steamy water and after a while it definitely softens up and gets real chummy.

Isn't there a trick for dealing with shower curtains - is it bulldog clips? Seems to ring a bell...

• 2 weeks later...
If privacy is not a concern, try leaving the bathroom door open.

No one else can use the wardrobe then as the bathroom door opens into the room.

I think the magnets in the bottom of the curtain is the best solution yet!i

If privacy is not a concern, try leaving the bathroom door open.

We were told on a visit to the engine control room that the engineers can always tell when the shower room door is left open when there is a steamy shower, it sets off the stateroom fire sensor! This results in a call to the room concerned.