The luck of the draw - all staterooms are not the same

fantasy51

The OP could have paid the full Cunard Fare (which is always available to book) and actually chosen room 5057 not knowing about the lifeboats.

But I agree with others that it is not considered a restricted view cabin.

Absolutely, - this shows the desirability to do a bit of homework when booking a specific cabin.

If somebody wants to set up the spreadsheet and keep it updated I am happy to make it a sticky if it would help.

That would be fantastic if anyone has the skills. Here is the relevant Celebrity spreadsheet so people can see if it would benefit them. Of course, it is all subjective. The type of noise that disturbs me would not disturb other people for example. That's why the more information given, the better.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lYvbGYBf2WB3jSFTVuliFltauVnhdqfheWJTeFujSbs/edit#gid=1603205250

I always use ear plugs in a hotel or onboard ship. Deck 8 on QE was the noisiest location we have ever had.

I wish ear plugs worked for me. I have a small ear canal. The foam ear plugs press on my bones all night and give me aching bones the next day. I have tried cutting foam ones down to size and I have tried the mouldable ones, but nothing seems to work for me.

I had wondered what Deck 8 would be like. The noisiest location for me was Deck 4 forward whenever we arrived in port. I have limited noise-sensitivity issues (i.e. they only show up occasionally) as a result of ME/CFS and the thruster noise was at a frequency that set off these issues. I felt like screaming with the pain of it! I now know to avoid the lower price range of balconies in case I am put in one of these rooms. (It has happened twice. The staff were very helpful on each occasion.)

I wish ear plugs worked for me. I have a small ear canal. The foam ear plugs press on my bones all night and give me aching bones the next day. I have tried cutting foam ones down to size and I have tried the mouldable ones, but nothing seems to work for me.

I had wondered what Deck 8 would be like. The noisiest location for me was Deck 4 forward whenever we arrived in port. I have limited noise-sensitivity issues (i.e. they only show up occasionally) as a result of ME/CFS and the thruster noise was at a frequency that set off these issues. I felt like screaming with the pain of it! I now know to avoid the lower price range of balconies in case I am put in one of these rooms. (It has happened twice. The staff were very helpful on each occasion.)

My DW works nights; she uses wax earplugs and swears by their effectiveness. Here's a link http://www.quies.com/product/wax-earplugs/. You can get them from your local pharmacy.

I have been trying to resolve a problem with a cabin allocation on the QM2 Sydney to Shanghai on the 2nd March

You end up at a call Center in the Philippines who will not address the problem

Not goog enough Cunard

Richard West

Not enough information for us to know what's going on. Since you said "allocation" you booked a guarantee? Did they give you less than what you paid for? Or you are not happy with the allocation for some other reason? If the later was the case then it's what we all sign on for when we book a guarantee rather than a fare that lets us do our own cabin selection.

Edited by BlueRiband