QM2 in Brooklyn

Runners

Looks like a lovely day there, Bon Voyage to those sailing on her today.

I know there was a very active roll call, I hope you have a wonderful time.

Thanks Host Hattie,

We are patiently waiting for the car service to pick us up and take us to Brooklyn. I got an SUV so hopefully our luggage will easily fit. :>)!

As I mentioned on our roll call thread my DH wanted to know if I had pots & pans in my suitcases! Yes, but this cruise is on the QM2 and this will be our second time on her and I am so looking forward to all the ambiance etc. while on board. It has been a wonderful roll call thread here and I look forward to matching all the faces with their names at our Meet & Greet tomorrow afternoon.

Sail Away should be beautiful, as today is now sparkling with bright sunshine and not too cold or windy. I'm officially on vacation...............Yipeeeeeee :>)!

Hi everybody. Our departure was delayed due to "technical difficulties", according to Captain Well's announcement. Scuttlebutt has it that there was a plumbing problem affecting some passengers and crew quarters. Sorry, I have no further details.

Having a good time on board. Internet connection has been erratic - will post more later, but in the meantime, passengers boarding for the Holiday voyage will no doubt be impressed with the decorations. We watched the decorating team doing their magic today - very nice .

Cheers and best wishes from QM2 en route to St Kitts. -Salacia

Hi...just in case anybody's wondering why QM2 is late in leaving Dominica (pronounced Dom-ineek-a, according to the Daily Programme), Captain Wells announced a few minutes ago that we are waiting for two tour buses to return to the ship (no other details given).

Weather has been good, food & drink even better :)

Tomorrow - the British Virgin Islands. - S.

Hi everybody. Our departure was delayed due to "technical difficulties", according to Captain Well's announcement. Scuttlebutt has it that there was a plumbing problem affecting some passengers and crew quarters. Sorry, I have no further details.

Having a good time on board. Internet connection has been erratic - will post more later, but in the meantime, passengers boarding for the Holiday voyage will no doubt be impressed with the decorations. We watched the decorating team doing their magic today - very nice .

Cheers and best wishes from QM2 en route to St Kitts. -Salacia

There was certainly a plumbing problem when we disembarked QM2 on the 26th Nov. They had a water leak and no water to flush wc's in cabins nor the public ones. Also no water to wash hands. :eek:

We thoroughly enjoyed being on the QM2 and loved our few nights in New York before we flew back to the UK.:)

Hope all of the plumbing issues are resolved by the time we board on Dec. 15. And looking forward to the Christmas decorations. We saw some fall/Halloween on our way over a number of weeks ago.

Just a word of caution: on this cruise, my husband and I have found that there is a serious problem adjusting the water temperature in both our cabin and the public lavatories we used on QM2. The water is EXTREMEMLY hot, and doesn't respond to dialing back to cool water. Hopefully, the problem will be fixed before the next voyage, but please be careful until you are certain the water temperature is stable. -S

Just a word of caution: on this cruise, my husband and I have found that there is a serious problem adjusting the water temperature in both our cabin and the public lavatories we used on QM2. The water is EXTREMEMLY hot, and doesn't respond to dialing back to cool water. Hopefully, the problem will be fixed before the next voyage, but please be careful until you are certain the water temperature is stable. -S

She's in NY today, so hopefully any parts/professional expertise was ready and waiting her arrival. A rare B-2-B NY-Sou-NY itinerary.