Adonia itineries

alexoneblack

Some of these 50% discount voyages are already sold out. We tried to book today but no cabins left. That was at 10 a.m. today. And only went on sale at 8!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They were also on sale on Wednesday to Caribbean Tier members and above, that's why I'm afraid.

It proves that Adonia is extremely popular - P&O should take note and not take her away again! :rolleyes:

Sadly we won't be on Adonia in 2017 :(

By the time we had the ok from DH's work for leave for 4th August (we specifically wanted this cruise for the Seville & Bordeaux calls), all the inside and outside cabins in our price range were sold out. She's obviously a very popular ship!

Roll on retirement, maybe 2018 will be more successful!

I'm sure well find another cruise though for 2917. Maybe back to Cunard for a transatlantic and New York.

Sadly we won't be on Adonia in 2017 :(

By the time we had the ok from DH's work for leave for 4th August (we specifically wanted this cruise for the Seville & Bordeaux calls), all the inside and outside cabins in our price range were sold out. She's obviously a very popular ship!

Roll on retirement, maybe 2018 will be more successful!

I'm sure well find another cruise though for 2917. Maybe back to Cunard for a transatlantic and New York.

Oh wow! 2917!!

Please let me know what vitamin supplements you're taking - I want some!!! :p:D:)

Well now look what you have made me do.

We have a cruise booked on Arcadia for next year..which was going to be our one cruise...then you all posted about the 50% off, so we had to book a cruise on Adonia

It's all your fault. Everyone who posted about it...

At the prices they were talking about it would have been nice to have gone for a suite..but they were sold out already.

We have a cruise booked on Arcadia for next year..which was going to be our one cruise...then you all posted about the 50% off, so we had to book a cruise on Adonia

At the prices they were talking about it would have been nice to have gone for a suite..but they were sold out already.

I really do apologise....... ;) :)

Have you been on her before?

Did you get the cruise you wanted?

I'll tell you what, next time I definitely won't mention any discounts! :p

I really do apologise....... ;) :)

Have you been on her before?

Did you get the cruise you wanted?

I'll tell you what, next time I definitely won't mention any discounts! :p

No we have not been on her before.

50% off though is not to be sneezed out.

We got the cruise maybe not the grade it would have been nice to have..asked to be wait listed..

It's always better to be cruising though.

No mentionn of discounts ever again..please nicely...

Which one are you going on ? All the suites were sold out on ours too, so we are slumming it in a balcony cabin ......:D:D

(Which before anyone complains, is what we normally have.....except when we get an upgrade!)

Which one are you going on ? All the suites were sold out on ours too, so we are slumming it in a balcony cabin ......:D:D

(Which before anyone complains, is what we normally have.....except when we get an upgrade!)

We are on the Western Med one 25Aug/ 10Sept .

We liked some of the earlier ones but they would have clashed with the Arcadia cruise.

Think I ought to read up about the ship now.

Yes we are balcony too...

I wonder how one can get people booked into suites not to go on the cruise???

I will have to think about that one.

We also managed to get on the 25th August one. We booked direct with P&O over the phone, and whilst he was offering us a choice of 4 different cabins on b deck, one of them got snapped up, so we then had a choice of 3. It seems that the discounted offer has created a lot of interest. Looking forward to doing the 14 1/2 laps of the jogging track for our daily mile.

Brian

I think it is Adonia that is attracting people, followed by the 50% discount.

She is a very popular ship as she has a lovely atmosphere.

We got the last Penthouse Suite on the 4th August trip - the time was Wednesday at 8:40am!! They had only been on sale for 40 mins! We were very fortunate. :)

We also managed to get on the 25th August one. We booked direct with P&O over the phone, and whilst he was offering us a choice of 4 different cabins on b deck, one of them got snapped up, so we then had a choice of 3. It seems that the discounted offer has created a lot of interest. Looking forward to doing the 14 1/2 laps of the jogging track for our daily mile.

Brian

The cabin we have is on b deck.I wonder if our cabin was one of your 4..

Really surprised that P&O are offering this 50% discount - I think they would have sold a lot of Adonia cabins without it

Fair play to anyone who has got this deal though - Adonia is a lovely ship

It's all about looking after your customers. If you show that you value your loyal customers, they will value you. I have to say imho, since the demise of Carol Marlow, customer service and standards are considerably better.

We were offered 20% off an Adonia cruise, But when our friends who are on the same loyalty level as us said they had been offered 50% we queried it with P&O. they said, (to start with) "We targeted people who have shown an interest in our smaller ships in the past as we thought they would like to try Adonia". When we pointed out that 6 of the 11 cruises we have had with P&O were on the three qualifying ships they changed it to "all those who have booked them for the coming year. This makes the offer somewhat retrospective as those who booked on the three qualifying ships didn't know the offer was coming. As it is we've booked a 17 night cruise on Ventura and are offered 20% off Adonia whereas if we had booked a much cheaper 7 night cruise on Oriana we would have been offered 50% off Adonia. Strange one P&O very strange. :confused::confused::confused:

We were offered 20% off an Adonia cruise, But when our friends who are on the same loyalty level as us said they had been offered 50% we queried it with P&O. they said, (to start with) "We targeted people who have shown an interest in our smaller ships in the past as we thought they would like to try Adonia". When we pointed out that 6 of the 11 cruises we have had with P&O were on the three qualifying ships they changed it to "all those who have booked them for the coming year. This makes the offer somewhat retrospective as those who booked on the three qualifying ships didn't know the offer was coming. As it is we've booked a 17 night cruise on Ventura and are offered 20% off Adonia whereas if we had booked a much cheaper 7 night cruise on Oriana we would have been offered 50% off Adonia. Strange one P&O very strange. :confused::confused::confused:

Quite simply, I received emails and a letter from P&O stating as a valued customer who has already booked a forthcoming cruise please accept our offer of 50% discount on 2017 Adonia cruises. I am a Baltic member,whether that has any bearing on it I do not know? But it is a great offer and I thank P&O.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have a cruise booked in 2017 on Arcadia.

We have also recently moved. So chaos all round. We did receive something from Pando about outside cabin on Adonia, about no idea what, as it got thrown away.

It was only after reading about it on CC that I knew anything about the 50%. So contacted Pando and now have a cruise booked on Adonia.

Although having a cruise booked on Aurora next year, and cruised on Adonia before, I never received an offer for the discount. However, having read about it on this forum, I phoned up to make a booking, and at the end of the process, mentioned the discount I had read about. He checked my record and confirmed that I was eligible, and promptly applied the discount. So, even if you don't get the letter, give it a try.

Brian

The 50% discount is only applicable if you have a cruise already booked NEXT year on either Aurora, Arcadia or Oriana. It is also only applicable on Adonia cruises booked next year - not in 2018. It has nothing to do with what level you are in the Peninsular Club.

We did not receive any information in advance about the 50% or the 20% discount. Fortunately an earlier post, which has now gone, informed me of it.

My opinion, and that of my husband, is that P&O are being extremely good at offering it at all. The only thing they could have done better is to have informed all customers phoning in that either discount exists.

My opinion, and that of my husband, is that P&O are being extremely good at offering it at all. The only thing they could have done better is to have informed all customers phoning in that either discount exists.

It seems that all who have already booked on Arcadia, Oriana or Aurora are very happy with P&O. And all those that have booked their other ships are not. I agree with you Cruise Puss that it is an extremely good offer from P&O but unfortunately they are only looking after about a quarter of their loyal cruisers on an offer that at the end of the day is just a "purely by chance" thing of already having booked on one of the three qualifying ships. Maybe those of us who have booked on the other ships, (we're on a 17 night Ventura cruise) will get a 50% off offer next year to redress the balance and all those of you who are getting the offer on Adonia will know how we feel.

It seems that all who have already booked on Arcadia, Oriana or Aurora are very happy with P&O. And all those that have booked their other ships are not. I agree with you Cruise Puss that it is an extremely good offer from P&O but unfortunately they are only looking after about a quarter of their loyal cruisers on an offer that at the end of the day is just a "purely by chance" thing of already having booked on one of the three qualifying ships. Maybe those of us who have bookeed on the other ships, (we're on a 17 night Ventura cruise) will get a 50% off offer next year to redress the balance and all those of you who are getting the offer on Adonia will know how we feel.

Maybe as has been pointed out if you are on one of the big 3 .. Ventura..Azura... Britannia...they think a much smaller ship would not appeal to you...and they would not have got such a big take up.

Must admit they would probably have to offer me a free cruise to consider going on one of the big 3. I doubt even 50%offwould encourage me to book.

How many people who book the big 3 would genuinely be happy with Adonis...no buffet open every night if you didn't want to dress up on formal night etc..?

Maybe as has been pointed out if you are on one of the big 3 .. Ventura..Azura... Britannia...they think a much smaller ship would not appeal to you...and they would not have got such a big take up.

Must admit they would probably have to offer me a free cruise to consider going on one of the big 3. I doubt even 50%offwould encourage me to book.

How many people who book the big 3 would genuinely be happy with Adonis...no buffet open every night if you didn't want to dress up on formal night etc..?

You make some good points English Lady. However, for us it's not about ship size it about itinerary, In fact more than half or our cruises (11) with P&O have been on the three ships that qualify for the 50%. This is why we were miffed at not getting the offer. If it was Adonia going to the Greek Isles in May we would have booked it, as it is it's Ventura. We do like the dressing up on formal nights and do not use the buffet for main meals.:):)

You make some good points English Lady. However, for us it's not about ship size it about itinerary, In fact more than half or our cruises (11) with P&O have been on the three ships that qualify for the 50%. This is why we were miffed at not getting the offer. If it was Adonia going to the Greek Isles in May we would have booked it, as it is it's Ventura. We do like the dressing up on formal nights and do not use the buffet for main meals.:):)

Sorry I should have made clearer, aimed generally ,not you personally.

Beware - offer ends tomorrow! I was going to wait until on board Aurora in four weeks but my TA alerted me to the offer being withdrawn.

Managed to get 14th July sailing.

Edited by Host Sharon