Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 3)

Host Kat

Great Picture and sounds like a fantastic experience that you and Ken got to enjoy :-)

For those of you who are my friends on Facebook, you know the story behind this picture.

For those who are not, this picture was taken in Bali. The ship had an event for around the world cruisers. We did not go. We and two other couples were invited by our friends to spend two days with them. We had our pictures taken by a famous photographer and we got to met the King. 82f72afb955aa2dc8dd90660ea4cc3d7.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I know this is an old post, but every time I look at this dress it just seems to get more and more stunning. Can't wait to see photos of you wearing it.

I like it too. I paid full price for it, but it is highly will be on sale after Christmas. The green, black and nude color are on sale for $235.00 at Saks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I know this is an old post, but every time I look at this dress it just seems to get more and more stunning. Can't wait to see photos of you wearing it.

I also agree this is a absolutely stunning dress, but then Marie always has exquisite taste in dresses!

I can't decide if I like this one or not. I love the long sleeves, but I'm not busty enough to fill out a deep V neckline like this. I'll need to tack it shut.

I'm the opposite and rarely have fabric to wrap enough to cover my bust right.

Love the colours.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

Edited by KandCsailing

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have pics of my previous dresses - they weren't very flattering, to be honest.

I just ordered these to be made for next year's Southern Caribbean Caribbean cruise on Celebrity. We may renew our wedding vows, plus they always have a couple of dress up nights.

I am getting one made in light yellow instead of the pink, so I changed the color in that image.

15727203_10211801980754380_5722967621949231085_n.jpg?oh=b10aee22abcbad6c21bad00736aca078&oe=58F3884F15727236_10211801980834382_2965578468311219517_n.jpg?oh=1acbfea1a5a9c298f633f60c36f27116&oe=592471CC15672770_10211801980674378_7060239617132587897_n.jpg?oh=77cb94234863b9fc1db99eddd4d14c86&oe=58DBDDA8

I've not gone through the whole thread yet, but I've found my home! Going on my first cruise (not until September) and am planning on losing a lot of weight this year, I'm 5ft 2, currently 180lbs after starting at 193lbs and hoping to get down to 120lbs by the cruise date.

I've been wondering how formal I need to be, so this is giving me ideas and motivation - thank you! :D

I'm making a list and checking it twice ;)

Is this dress too casual for formal night on Explorer of the Seas? I have worn it to weddings before, with sparkly black heels and a bit of bling. Mine is maroon, not pink.

I do have other more formal dresses I can pack if this is too casual.

http://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/french-connection-fast-iris-lace-fit-flare-dress/3379449

Edited by CupcakeSusie

Is this dress too casual for formal night on Explorer of the Seas? I have worn it to weddings before, with sparkly black heels and a bit of bling. Mine is maroon, not pink.

http://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/french-connection-fast-iris-lace-fit-flare-dress/3379449

This dress is fine for Explorer of the Seas. Your planned accessories sound perfect. Enjoy.

Pretty dress. It should be fine.

Formal night dress is not formal. Many women wear capris and a casual top. Many men don't even wear jackets.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just because people don't follow the dress code doesn't mean they should be wearing capris and casual tops. Same goes for the men.

Per Royal Caribbean's website.

"Formal: Ladies: Cocktail dress or pantsuit. Gentlemen: Suit (black tie is optional)"

Even though the formal nights aren't formal anymore, I still wear a gown and hubby wears a tux. There are still plenty of people who dress formally. For our upcoming transpacific cruise we will still bring our formal clothing even though it will cost us more money luggage wise.

Edited by ReneeFLL

I'm a big follower of dress codes (which is why I wondered if my dress above was too casual) so DH will definitely be wearing a suit on formal night and a blazer with chinos on smart casual nights. Although he's not required to wear a jacket and tie on casual nights he probably still will. If it's hot he might take his blazer off on casual nights, which I think is fair.

Edited to add: this is the blazer he is taking.

http://cutlerandco.co.nz/collections/jackets/products/bryan-jacket-1

Edited by CupcakeSusie

• 2 weeks later...

First post in this thread -- we are leaving a week from Saturday for a MR cruise on Princess. Traveling with two other couples who generally don't dress up, so although I have a dress for 6 of 7 nights, none are formal.

I am super excited about this new dress I just got for the second formal night, on which we will doing a vow renewal. It's not for everyone, but it's exactly what I wanted, if I wasn't going to wear a bridal style gown for this event.

http://www.revolve.com/mobile/nookie-royal-midi-dress-in-sand/dp/NKIE-WD186/?d=Womens&sr=true

The dress is very nice! Have a great time!

First post in this thread -- we are leaving a week from Saturday for a MR cruise on Princess. Traveling with two other couples who generally don't dress up, so although I have a dress for 6 of 7 nights, none are formal.

I am super excited about this new dress I just got for the second formal night, on which we will doing a vow renewal. It's not for everyone, but it's exactly what I wanted, if I wasn't going to wear a bridal style gown for this event.

http://www.revolve.com/mobile/nookie-royal-midi-dress-in-sand/dp/NKIE-WD186/?d=Womens&sr=true