Thomson Destiny's gone!?!?!

Just been on the Thomson website. Just doing some pricing up. Thomson Destiny now isn't appearing on any search results for this summer or winter cruises!

Bearing in mind comments on other threads, looks like Thomson Majesty may begin sailing this May, as was mentioned on quite a lot of other articles and threads. Maybe we'll get some news tomorrow.

Anyone else able to book any Thomson Destiny cruises after its winter cruises. Its positioning cruise (Atlantic Sunrise) also gone! Nothing for May onwards? :confused:

Just been on the Thomson website. Just doing some pricing up. Thomson Destiny now isn't appearing on any search results for this summer or winter cruises!

Bearing in mind comments on other threads, looks like Thomson Majesty may begin sailing this May, as was mentioned on quite a lot of other articles and threads. Maybe we'll get some news tomorrow.

Anyone else able to book any Thomson Destiny cruises after its winter cruises. Nothing for May onwards? :confused:

Yes you're right, Sailaway. My TA has just rung me to tell me that as of May - Majesty is taking over from the Destiny!!! So Majesty's not an increase in the fleet but a direct replacement for Destiny. That's going to cause a few logistical problems methinks!!! :eek:

sounds as though the entertainment isn't quite on the same footing though. :D More Concerto based shows with not so much/not the same showteam type productions!!!! Not sure about all of that but it could be a real mistake if they are changing this well known and well received element to the Thomson product. It will be very interesting to learn more about all of this. Anyone heard anything else??

Let's hope the early sailings aren't beset with problems!!!!

Yes you're right, Sailaway. My TA has just rung me to tell me that as of May - Majesty is taking over from the Destiny!!! So Majesty's not an increase in the fleet but a direct replacement for Destiny. That's going to cause a few logistical problems methinks!!! :eek:

sounds as though the entertainment isn't quite on the same footing though. :D More Concerto based shows with not so much/not the same showteam type productions!!!! Not sure about all of that but it could be a real mistake if they are changing this well known and well received element to the Thomson product. It will be very interesting to learn more about all of this. Anyone heard anything else??

Let's hope the early sailings aren't beset with problems!!!!

Got a feeling this could go terribly wrong! :(

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the main reasons for the swap is that Destiny fits in so many passengers that they're not filling them up. From what I've read about Majesty, I think I'd be really annoyed if I had booked for this season, and be told only two months before that we were having a ship change. Majesty has got awful reviews! Think I would prefer to go on Destiny. Be a shame if Majesty goes down badly as Adriatic Explorer is such a good itinerary. On a positive though, will help me decide what to do for next years itineraries.

So is this bye bye Thomson Destiny for good then? Island Escape is still for sale so it doesn't seem to replacing those itineraries. I know that the charter for Majesty is slightly odd in terms of its time-length, but it does look like this is it for Thomson Destiny. Last cruise will then be 16th April, Colourful Coasts from Funchal. :(

I wonder if cruiseman has got any news on this? :)

Have you been told about the changes and what ship is going where and is the product going to be slightly different on Thomson Majesty?

According to the other thread, looks like Thomson Destiny maybe staying and sailing from Palma? :confused:

Feel sorry for the people booked on Destiny this summer and have a change of ship forced on them..Thomsons will say take it or leave it? no compo, just OBC for £50 each. this is what happened to me on the last 2 cruises on the Island Escape over the last 2 Christmas periods.

The destiny is returning to Louis cruises at the end of April. The Majesty will take over straight away. All itinerarys will stay the same. ( Corfu in the Summer and Canaries in the winter). As you can probably guess this is one massive programme change. Your travel agents will be phoning you shortly if you are all ready booked. I think its a positive change. your local Thomson shop should have deck plans and all info needed, ive seen them today.

Sorry for the bad grammar, im typing on my phone. Everyone in my department is very excited about it!

Feel sorry for the people booked on Destiny this summer and have a change of ship forced on them..Thomsons will say take it or leave it? no compo, just OBC for £50 each. this is what happened to me on the last 2 cruises on the Island Escape over the last 2 Christmas periods.

I agree. Your cruise ship is really your accommodation, so i.e. your hotel. If you were changed to a completely different hotel then the one you had booked you'd be annoyed. Looking at the pictures aswell for the ship, it seems that the cabins don't seem to be as good as Destiny's, the showlounge is smaller, the cabin grading system bares hardly any resemblance to that of Destiny's. I wonder if any of this will be taken into account when looking at how much people have paid in advance already for their cruise. I'm guessing those that are sailing early May would have already paid for their balance?

Anyone out there who is booked on Pearls of the Aegean or Adriatic Explorer this year? If so, have you been told of the changes yet and what do you think of them? Personally, I think its a bit of a downgrade. Will wait and see though what that first cruise in May brings. Lets hope it doesn't bring back flashbacks of Thomson Dream's inaugural cruise!

The destiny is returning to Louis cruises at the end of April. The Majesty will take over straight away. All itinerarys will stay the same. ( Corfu in the Summer and Canaries in the winter). As you can probably guess this is one massive programme change. Your travel agents will be phoning you shortly if you are all ready booked. I think its a positive change. your local Thomson shop should have deck plans and all info needed, ive seen them today.

Sorry for the bad grammar, im typing on my phone. Everyone in my department is very excited about it!

Thanks for the confirmation. Guessing there will be a press release then tomorrow. So the rumours on all the German websites then early this year were true. How did they know?!?! :)

Do the cabin grades kind of match up to Destiny's or are they very different?

The Majesty goes on sail tomorrow :) I think the only categories effected are the deluxe/suites. I will double check tomorrow.. But be on the lookout for the Majesty on the Thomson website tomorrow..

Will do! :D

So is that bye bye then for Thomson Destiny for good?

Hi All

We are booked on the Destiny in Nov.

Can anyone tell me where we can find info about the Majesty?

If our TA tells us anything interesting tomorrow I'll post it here

Thanks all

Hi! Here is some info:

Video here:

Photos here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/travelive/sets/72157628035731893/with/6357609621/

Deck plans here:

http://louiscruises.com/images/stories/progress/deckplans/singlepdf/LM_deckplan.pdf

Louis Majesty on Louis Cruises website:

http://www.louiscruises.com/en/cruise-ships/louis-majesty

Reviews:

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=611

I see Louis Cruises are still selling Louis Majesty for this summer! Bit of a cheak when they know (and it looks like they probably have done for a while) that it's not going to be sailing with them! At least Thomson have took Destiny's itineraries down ready for tomorrow's announcement.

So glad we booked the Celebration for this summer - we were tempted to book on the Destiny for the itinerary but didn't due to the cabin sizes; sounds like the Majesty's are even smaller from what I have read on here??? Just hope it's not another "Dream" and they have learned from their mistakes from last year. What will happen to all the staff from the Destiny - will they be re-employed on the Majesty, I wonder?

So glad we booked the Celebration for this summer - we were tempted to book on the Destiny for the itinerary but didn't due to the cabin sizes; sounds like the Majesty's are even smaller from what I have read on here??? Just hope it's not another "Dream" and they have learned from their mistakes from last year. What will happen to all the staff from the Destiny - will they be re-employed on the Majesty, I wonder?

I'm guessing most of the staff will transfer, as it's still all under Louis Cruises operation. According to wikipedia, more staff needed for Majesty too.

I would not be over concerned about Majesty's awful reviews as all ships get a 1 star from time to time. Apart from one or two reports of aircon problems it looks to me if the issues are basically about software, ie how Louis cruises do things. I would presume that Thomson would insist that the standards are matching those of their other ships as soonn as possible. One good thing is that we no longer have to suffer Destiny's buffet.

the tricky thing is going to be shehorning the Destiny deckplan into the Majesty!. I would think the cabin categories will be simplified over Majesty's existing ones.

I have a midships inside booked and reserved on Destiny for next winter so will be expecting a call from my TA about transferring the booking. If I don't get a cabin to my satisfaction I will not be pleased:mad:

Here is a photo I took of Louis Majesty in Barcelonalast February

Are you aware of the following regarding this ship.

Cruise Ship Hit By 26ft Waves

On the 4th March 2010, The Louis Majesty cruise ship in the Mediterranean got hit by giant waves, 26-feet high waves crashed into the Louise Majesty cruise ship which was cruising in the Mediterranean, resulting in the injury of six or more passengers and the death of two. The cruise ship was sailing from Barcelona to Genoa, Italy. The Louis Majesty Cruise ship is Cyprus-based and was carrying 1,790 passengers. The staff on the cruise ship report that the ‘abnormal’ waves smashed the windows of the decks as far above as deck five of the cruise ship.

Here is a Photo I took of the The Louise Majesty docked in Barcelona on 1st February 2011, when we visited Barcelona on board the Independent Of The Seas

I would not be over concerned about Majesty's awful reviews as all ships get a 1 star from time to time. Apart from one or two reports of aircon problems it looks to me if the issues are basically about software, ie how Louis cruises do things. I would presume that Thomson would insist that the standards are matching those of their other ships as soonn as possible. One good thing is that we no longer have to suffer Destiny's buffet.

the tricky thing is going to be shehorning the Destiny deckplan into the Majesty!. I would think the cabin categories will be simplified over Majesty's existing ones.

I have a midships inside booked and reserved on Destiny for next winter so will be expecting a call from my TA about transferring the booking. If I don't get a cabin to my satisfaction I will not be pleased:mad:

Don't know how they're going to transfer the cabin categories as they are so different. I wonder if this will affect your price? Have to let us know tomorrow.

Saying bye to Destiny's Lido Cafe is good, but have you seen Majesty's replacement. It's so small!! Doesn't look big enough for the size of the ship. Also, two dining rooms. I wonder if it will be set dining times like on Destiny or not? If it was, I guess you'd be allocated one of the dining rooms.

Here is a photo I took of Louis Majesty in Barcelonalast February

Are you aware of the following regarding this ship.

Cruise Ship Hit By 26ft Waves

On the 4th March 2010, The Louis Majesty cruise ship in the Mediterranean got hit by giant waves, 26-feet high waves crashed into the Louise Majesty cruise ship which was cruising in the Mediterranean, resulting in the injury of six or more passengers and the death of two. The cruise ship was sailing from Barcelona to Genoa, Italy. The Louis Majesty Cruise ship is Cyprus-based and was carrying 1,790 passengers. The staff on the cruise ship report that the ‘abnormal’ waves smashed the windows of the decks as far above as deck five of the cruise ship.

Here is a Photo I took of the The Louise Majesty docked in Barcelona on 1st February 2011, when we visited Barcelona on board the Independent Of The Seas

5515912424_014f3725be_b.jpg

I've heard about that lounge at the front of the ship that was affected badly by the waves. Apparantely NCL used to close the lounge off in bad weather to avoid any problems but Louis didn't follow this advice. I wonder if Thomson will take this into account?

Don't know what happened to the original photo, but its gone from my original post, it obviously was there as sailaway has got a copy. Here it is again but Ive made the photo smaller. I would hope that precautions have been taken so it could not happen again.

5515912424_014f3725be_z.jpg

Don't know what happened to the original photo, but its gone from my original post, it obviously was there as sailaway has got a copy. Here it is again but Ive made the photo smaller. I would hope that precautions have been taken so it could not happen again.

5515912424_014f3725be_z.jpg

That is a helluva big mast midships, hope the ship is stable:)

Archived