New TV program

bee-ess

Thanks for flagging this.

The programme reminded me very much of a longer series from over 20 years ago called 'Supership Oriana', which over around 6 episodes showed the construction, fit out, launch, sea trials and commissioning of the first P&O cruise ship of the modern era and really got us in the mood for our first cruise (1996 Oriana).

Although TV has moved on immeasurably, last nights programme, computer generated animation aside, wasn't a patch on the Oriana series, which I still have a copy of on VHS cassette (it pre-dated DVD!) but I have sadly never seen again on TV, in spite of the hundreds of channels these days and I have never been able to find on a commercial release. If anyone knows different, please let me know.

I'm looking forward to the 2nd episode of the Silver Seas documentary as, frankly, from the glimpses last night, the public rooms and restaurants didn't look any more plush than those on Britannia and some didn't even look as nice as P&O's flagship. Obviously the £8k a night 'owners suite' equivalent at the front of the ship makes a P&O suite look like steerage!

Definitely NOT Britannia. They did give the name, but I don'the remember it.

Brian

It's got to be a model of the Britannia, why else would they have a model of a ship with the new blue funnel livery in their foyer? Can't see them updating their models - its a P&O / Carnval corporate change, rather than Fincantierei's.

Edited by Monorail Orange