Duty Free Spirits on QM2

Starboard Forty

I don't think there is anything on the Internet unless anyone has taken photographs of the shop display.

From what I can remember they had 2 for $25 and 2 for $35 offers. There were 15% off days on our recent QV trip and they will price match with port shops. Someone was getting their Gordons Gin price reduced after checking prices in Gibraltar.

There isn't a very wide selection, were you after something in particular?

Duty free is available at La Guardia on flights to Canada only. The selection is very small it's barely a kiosk. The prices on QM 2 last time were nothing to write home about, and if you buy on board, the booze needs to be in checked luggage at La Guardia, you cannot take it through security. Same for EWR and JFK. I hope this helps.

Is there a place on the internet to see what duty free spirits are offered for sale on QM2 along with the prices? I would like to compare with prices at Laguardia duty free shops. I will be disembarking in New York following the XMAS/New Year cruise.

Just a suggestion: check out the prices on St. Thomas - I've found that they are very favourable. But it you don't go ashore, QM2 advertises a price match guarantee, so if you have friends going ashore, ask that they bring you back printed advertised specials since you will need proof of pricing to get the price match.

Aside from that, as H.Hattie mentioned, there is usually a special sale on board on the penultimate day of your cruise. You might want to get to the sale early rather than later, as it rather popular and brands sell out quickly (you carry your purchases back to your stateroom).

Salacia

Edited by Salacia

Thanks for the feedback.

If it will assist in pricing, here is the link to our store of preference in St Martin giving prices for beers, wines and spirits. If a particular bottle is not on the menu, then send them a message and they will look to price/acquire for you.

http://www.boozeitup-sxm.com

Their store is on the road to/from Maho Beach. Order in advance and just collect. Saves spending time trolling round the town.

Edited by PORT ROYAL