Azura tender accident

Cappers

I feel a bit uncertain asking about this but,,,I bumped into a lady I know today who was asking if I'd been on Britannia and other stuff and she said that her brother in law had just been on Azura ( I don't know where) and that on retuning to the ship with passengers a tender had sunk! Properly sunk,,to the bottom of whatever ocean they were on!! Everybody got off safely in time thank goodness,,,this can't be true surely,,it would have been all over these boards,,and probably the news as well. Was it a case of Chinese whispers after the unfortunate incidents recently?

I feel a bit uncertain asking about this but,,,I bumped into a lady I know today who was asking if I'd been on Britannia and other stuff and she said that her brother in law had just been on Azura ( I don't know where) and that on retuning to the ship with passengers a tender had sunk! Properly sunk,,to the bottom of whatever ocean they were on!! Everybody got off safely in time thank goodness,,,this can't be true surely,,it would have been all over these boards,,and probably the news as well. Was it a case of Chinese whispers after the unfortunate incidents recently?

Sounds more like Chinese whispers to me! There was a problem with a boat breaking down on an excursion on an a few weeks ago, but it didnt sink!

Aren't the tenders made of fibreglass with air pockets, or some such material, so they couldn't sink even if full of water?

I believe they are a bit similar to the RNLI lifeboats and are self righting. People have become concerned about the fatalities on other lines which have occurred relatively recently. I have had very bad experiences with lifeboats, or survival craft to give them their PC term. The problem I suspect is that someone does have an incident which third hand is distorted beyond anything like the truth.

Regards John

Sounds more like Chinese whispers to me! There was a problem with a boat breaking down on an excursion on an a few weeks ago, but it didnt sink!

That's probably it then! I told her it couldn't be right cos it would have been on here and I'd have already seen it. :rolleyes: I had to ask though just to be sure! Some friends have just booked their first cruise on Azura and I was dreading them hearing something like that.

We were on celebrity century in Hawaii and one of the cables broke when the tender was being launched from the ship. Only crew were on board but the front of the tender was smashed and it was abandoned Hawaii.

Edited by StLucia