Help please - A question about gym equipment on Ventura

Prefdavid

As part of the rehab I have to do currently to strengthen my Achilles, I need to perform a particular stretching exercise and the best way to do this is using a Reebok (aerobic) step.

Just wondered if anyone knows if these are part of the equipment that can be found in the onboard gym? :confused:

They have an amazing quantity and diversity of gym equipment on Ventura and the other ships on P&O cruises. Machines of every conceivable type. I should be wary of signing up for a course with an instructor as these are expensive.

Regards John

I have to say, I have not noticed any of that type aerobic steps being used in the gym on the Ventura. The gym is very well equipped with all types of modern aerobic and resistant machines plus free weights, but as I say, I can't recall seeing any of the simple step up platforms you refer to. But that doesn't mean they don't have them.

Have you tried the cross trainer? it's very good exercise without putting excess pressure on the joints. Perhaps you could ask your physiotherapist

As part of the rehab I have to do currently to strengthen my Achilles, I need to perform a particular stretching exercise and the best way to do this is using a Reebok (aerobic) step.

Just wondered if anyone knows if these are part of the equipment that can be found in the onboard gym? :confused:

I have just come off the Ventura and there are steps available in the gym. There is a 7am class stretch which you may be of interest. The female gym instructor is excellent.

Thank you for all your replies and suggestions and especially English muffin for confirming that these steps are there. I really didn't want to have to try carrying my step on board!

At the moment all the wonderful equipment on board (and at my gym club) is out of bounds until the strengthening exercises prescribed by my Consultant complete their work but maybe when we're on board in January, i might be able to do some gentle work.

Thank you for all your replies and suggestions and especially English muffin for confirming that these steps are there. I really didn't want to have to try carrying my step on board!

At the moment all the wonderful equipment on board (and at my gym club) is out of bounds until the strengthening exercises prescribed by my Consultant complete their work but maybe when we're on board in January, i might be able to do some gentle work.

David, I do find this thread rather disturbing. I have seen what they do in those places. Be careful.

:). :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app