December North Sea sailings

holidayhelen

We were on Aurora last Christmas to Scandinavia. Had everything from relatively calm to gale force. At no time did she feel unstable. We were on B deck and one night the wave spray was above our cabin balcony, It was fun!!! The Prom deck was closed due to the weather at times, but other than that everything went on as normal.

You can get any weather at sea, at any time of year. You'll be fine. Take some sea sickness tablets for a couple of days if you're worried (I have always been notoriously sick) but going over the Drake Passage 8 yrs ago seemed to cure me a bit. I was fine last Christmas after a day of tablets.

Any condition at any time of year but more likely to be rough in the Winter. It is something I would consider when choosing a cruise.

We did a North Sea cruise in November with a bit of Storm Angus. Quite a bit of rolling at night with some damage in the shops. At no time did we feel unsafe or uncomfortable. I did miss not being able to use the outside decks as much as I like. It was usually too cold or wet or both.

Why is the sea rougher at night?

Best wishes, Stephen.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have done 3 northern cruises in November and December and have not had any particularly rough seas. We have another one booked for December next year.

Have you booked the Aurora Dec 6th 2017? that is what we are booking - we had fancied Copenhagen for Christmas market break - but this cruise seems to include everything we fancy and we do love the Aurora

We are on the Christmas Markets cruise at the moment and the sail from Southampton up the North Sea to Hamburg was as smooth as a mill pond and the sea has been calm ever since. The last time we came up the North Sea it was as rough as anything and that was in the month of July!

We are on the Christmas Markets cruise at the moment and the sail from Southampton up the North Sea to Hamburg was as smooth as a mill pond and the sea has been calm ever since. The last time we came up the North Sea it was as rough as anything and that was in the month of July!

Oh thank you for the info - please keep me informed as to the cruise - what was Hamburg like?? We went once a long time ago on a DFDS sailing.

Look forward to your report