Trip insurance company recommendation

ninaks

We are sailing on the Danube next September on a new ship with Gate 1 travel. They do not offer cancel for any reason insurance, which is what we are looking for. I realize you usually only get 75% back on that kind of insurance, but there are some circumstances that make it so we really want that kind of insurance available to us. Can someone recommend an insurance company we could use? thank you for your help

[quote name='ninaks']We are sailing on the Danube next September on a new ship with Gate 1 travel. They do not offer cancel for any reason insurance, which is what we are looking for. I realize you usually only get 75% back on that kind of insurance, but there are some circumstances that make it so we really want that kind of insurance available to us. Can someone recommend an insurance company we could use? thank you for your help[/QUOTE]

There is an entire forum devoted to questions about Cruise/Travel Insurance:
[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=635[/url]

Cancel for Any Reason with cash back is usually pretty expensive.

My TA offers an Allianz policy which provides for cancellation due to work reasons. That would be the only reason why I would need to cancel, except for illnesses which is covered.

Maybe is you elaborate on why you may need to cancel, that may help.

[quote name='Coral']Cancel for Any Reason with cash back is usually pretty expensive.

My TA offers an Allianz policy which provides for cancellation due to work reasons. That would be the only reason why I would need to cancel, except for illnesses which is covered.

Maybe is you elaborate on why you may need to cancel, that may help.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is Coral, but if you have health or family issues, it's worth it. You can google trip insurance and get a page full of options. Several of them will offer comparison shopping for what you need. Keep in mind that most, if not all, of them base their premium on age and cost of the trip. The older you are and the more your trip costs the more your insurance will be. Make sure it includes medical evacuation and repatriation.

[quote name='Hydrokitty']Yes it is Coral, but if you have health or family issues, it's worth it. You can google trip insurance and get a page full of options. Several of them will offer comparison shopping for what you need. Keep in mind that most, if not all, of them base their premium on age and cost of the trip. The older you are and the more your trip costs the more your insurance will be. Make sure it includes medical evacuation and repatriation.[/QUOTE]

I took care of a parent who was sick for 20 plus years. I am very familiar with insurance companies and comparing them and the fine print.

Though - I was able to always buy insurance that covered pre-existing conditions that covered a sick parent so I didn't have to buy cancel for any reason insurance. Regular travel insurance worked (and I filed a few claims in my life). Edited by Coral

[quote name='ninaks']We are sailing on the Danube next September on a new ship with Gate 1 travel. They do not offer cancel for any reason insurance, which is what we are looking for. I realize you usually only get 75% back on that kind of insurance, but there are some circumstances that make it so we really want that kind of insurance available to us. Can someone recommend an insurance company we could use? thank you for your help[/QUOTE]

I always use Insure My Trip and SquareMouth (insurance comparison sites) to find insurance for our trips.

You just give them your parameters of what/how much you want covered, and they will show you a variety of policies from different companies (with ratings) to choose from

[quote name='Shmoo here']I always use Insure My Trip and SquareMouth (insurance comparison sites) to find insurance for our trips.

You just give them your parameters of what/how much you want covered, and they will show you a variety of policies from different companies (with ratings) to choose from[/QUOTE]

I ditto this advise !!!

I use Trip Insurance Store: [URL="https://tripinsurancestore.com/"]https://tripinsurancestore.com/[/URL]
It compares different companies and will answer any questions over the phone with you. I've had excellent service from them although I've never had to collect on my insurance (thank goodness).

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='djett']I use Trip Insurance Store: [URL="https://tripinsurancestore.com/"]https://tripinsurancestore.com/[/URL]
It compares different companies and will answer any questions over the phone with you. I've had excellent service from them although I've never had to collect on my insurance (thank goodness).[/QUOTE]

Agree they are fantastic. Ask for Steve he is the best and most knowlegable.

[quote name='Shmoo here']I always use Insure My Trip and SquareMouth (insurance comparison sites) to find insurance for our trips.

You just give them your parameters of what/how much you want covered, and they will show you a variety of policies from different companies (with ratings) to choose from[/quote]

Ditto +1

And there's no reason to opt for cancel for any reason so long as you meet the criteria for pre-existing conditions. BTDT.