Uniworld Bordeaux cruise?

eyeu

Here's a link to a review-in-progress of the Uniworld Bordeaux cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2267774

If you search for "Uniworld Bordeaux" at the top of the main page of the River Cruising forum, you can see what else has been posted recently that might be relevant.

• 2 weeks later...
We are very interested in Bordeaux and have compared the options on the lines on our short list: AMA, Uniworld and Scenic. Those small cabins on Uniworld are just a deal breaker for us.

Now you can add Crystal to the list.

Yes, I have, last year - I went solo. Had a great cruise, it was much different to the other two cruises in France (out of Paris and out of Lyon). I know Uniworld cabins are a bit more snug, but I find the food and service make up for that. There were areas that I found a bit dull, and others I wish I could return to tomorrow, so not different to any itinerary.

With France cruising I can only compare to APT (AMA), and on that particular cruise (Lyon to Arles) the itinerary matched Uniword - they did some different stops like a Truffle farm than Uniworld. Uniworld I have done the Lyon to Arles twice, and I only chose AMA/APT because it had a slightly different itinerary and they owed me a free cruise for an appalling cruise experience.

The Bordeaux region I did not find as scenic, but it was beautiful too and there's usually something nice to look at on any river cruise. I enjoyed every day in some way and most stops just weren't long enough! :)

• 3 weeks later...

This river is not as senic as some others, in November it is dark at about 530 so most of the sailing you couldn't see anything anyway. The cabin size was ok for us as we travel extremely light and didn't spend much time in there anyway. This itinerary is wine tasting primarily but you still visit some beautiful small villages and have time on your own. The service on Uniworld is incredible. We will do the Christamas markets next in a couple of years.