Questions for Scenic Cruisers

caviargal

We are considering Scenic for a 2016 cruise and I do not find their website to be at all helpful. I have a few questions for those who have cruised with them.

1) Is their dinner service true open dining like Uniworld (loved that aspect of the line) where one can arrive at any time without issue?

2) It shows multiple dining venues for dinner (looking at Scenic Diamond). Is this true every night? Does one need reservations? If yes, are they challenging to get?

3) Uniworld had a wonderful selection of top shelf liquors as part of the inclusive package, as well as a lovely selection of wines. Can anyone give an example of what Scenic includes? For instance, we enjoy Belvedere or Grey Goose vodka. Is that part of the included liquors? For wines, is there is a nice variety? How about single malts?

4) When they do their special events off the boat, are the restaurants aboard still open or do passengers have to participate?

5) It does not look like they offer a fitness center on board. Is this correct?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Re. dining...really not open per se, ask you to TRY to be there at or near 7pm.That being said, did go a few times at 7 30 and no problem. The other venues are open by reservation at nite, only guaranteed 1 per cabin for ea.The café is open all day,but not for dinner.

Re; restaurants ARE open even when things planned off ship

Yes, my DH said they had his favorite hi end drinks,but again ,,may not be what YOU consider such.

I prefer Scenic for cabin,,with butler and room service(and tub in jr.suite).Also, ALL tips, for everyone(even on shore tours inc)plus pick you up from airport FREE even if YOU book own air.Love AMA, but this may be just touch above.Also, liked Uniworld,but again this seems to be top notch.BUt now must first chose itinerary since have been on 12 river cruises.So ,,while I prefer above ,,,mayhave to compromise now.But, we try to enjoy it all and make our own fun.Sometimes more difficult than others,but HEY ,,,figure we re in Europe,etc.,,,,how bad can it be.For many yrs. we could not even afford THAT.

We are considering Scenic for a 2016 cruise and I do not find their website to be at all helpful. I have a few questions for those who have cruised with them.

1) Is their dinner service true open dining like Uniworld (loved that aspect of the line) where one can arrive at any time without issue?

2) It shows multiple dining venues for dinner (looking at Scenic Diamond). Is this true every night? Does one need reservations? If yes, are they challenging to get?

3) Uniworld had a wonderful selection of top shelf liquors as part of the inclusive package, as well as a lovely selection of wines. Can anyone give an example of what Scenic includes? For instance, we enjoy Belvedere or Grey Goose vodka. Is that part of the included liquors? For wines, is there is a nice variety? How about single malts?

4) When they do their special events off the boat, are the restaurants aboard still open or do passengers have to participate?

5) It does not look like they offer a fitness center on board. Is this correct?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

We were on the Pearl this summer.

Dinner Service - the main dining room has one seating - usually at 7pm - and Portobello's has a seating at 7:15. Reservations are required for Portobello's and we didn't get around to making any and we had one given to us. There may be snacks in the bar during dinner and there was room service.

Liquor selection - It seemed to be very good, could not think of an instance where something we ordered, they didn't have. During dinner they had several different wines they were pouring.

We went on all the excursions but some people stayed on board and I am sure the dining was open (wasn't there to know for sure)

Do not know about fitness center.

I have a list of high end drinks from Scenic but away at the moment and it's at home but if you ask Scenic they will provide it for you. I must admit to enjoying a single malt or two and there are several to choose from I am not a gin drinker but do enjoy excellent wines and good sherry and so far over four Scenic cruises have never had to pay anything extra for drinks. We also like to personalise our in cabin Mini bar? We have never heard anyone say only one per cabin for Portabellos you can usually go more times or be a bit sneaky and pair up with another couple and book a table through each of your cabins it works! As to fitness centre some boats do but they are small, I got enough exercise on our excursions or walking the top deck (not at an inconsiderate hour) At lunch and dinner you can ask for the wine list (not many seem to know this) the wine choice is excellent. One evening we just had a superb dinner the food the company just everything jelled and most of us had the cheese so, as you do we asked for port and got it, a memorable evening. Have a great cruise. CA