Tour Plan Israel

marilyn71

We've been looking for a day trip in Haifa, Israel we like and finally found one we like very much with Tour Plan Israel, website same name, but they seem to be a new company and I cant find any info on them, have any of you used them? Iif so would love to see a review on them, our trip is in nov, want to get a tour confirmed soon. Thanks!

We used Leo from tour guided Israel, We had a memorable time, We visited Nazareth, Galilee, Bethlehem, Dead Sea and Jerusalem We were very pleased with the services rendered by Leo.

Edited by msk575

Yes, GTI has excellent reviews. We r on a tour with them the next day in ashdod, jerusalem and dead sea, sharing a tour with others from cruise critic on our cruise. But we didnt like the tour they offered from haifa, similar but not as much as o n the tourplanisrael. Thanks so much for your post, greatly appreciated

• 5 months later...

If you want the time to see and do more while there (let me remind you, there's a lot of driving in between sites), I would suggest using TourPlanIsrael.

We had a group of only 6 we used them from Haifa to Ceaserea, Meggiddo, Acre & Rosh Hanikra grottoes, it was nothing short of amazing. Our guide TVZKiza Or Bar (Sure that's spelled wrong) knew everyting about Israel, took us to a small place where he knew the people and it was by far the best meal we had the whole trip.

The next day we were scheduled to dock in Ashdod, this was Nov, due to bombings in the area, we had to stay in Haifa, so the tour we planned for Jerusalem/Dead Sea with GTI had even less time since we had to drive from there. Also, the group with them was very large so that translates to very slow. Because of time restraints, we literally had to run through Jerusalem. the guide would give us a very brief rundown on what we were about to see, leave us and say we had 10 min. This was ridiculous! How can you see thousands of years of history in 10 min. In the streets of Jerusalem, they have the coolest shops, spices, clothes, etc from locals. Couoldn't stop at any. Then we head to Dead Sea which is quite a ways away. Kept asking about shopping/lunch, was told we'd get to. Well we get there and the lunch/shopping is at the tourist trap of Dead sea. Lunch was awful a buffet and expensive. The shopping was just small tourist type things very expensive. Get to the Dead sea, after changing we had about 7 min in the sea, my hubby and I took a little longer so had to ride all the way to Haifa in our wet clothes, it was OK we still had time.

Sorry this was so long, just wanted you to see the difference. Go with TPI, you will not be disappointed. Please ask for Tzvika, he's the best. The Haifa tour was on $99/person but you do have to pay extra for site entrances and lunch but it's so worth it. The trip to Israel was for me the trip of a lifetime, Inever thought I"d get to go then I did and still feel like I didn't get to see Jerusalem, which is what I wanted to see. I'm still very upset about it.

If you want more information you can email me at mwebster@bham.rr.com

Happy travels,

Marilyn

• 3 years later...
If you want the time to see and do more while there (let me remind you, there's a lot of driving in between sites), I would suggest using TourPlanIsrael.

We had a group of only 6 we used them from Haifa to Ceaserea, Meggiddo, Acre & Rosh Hanikra grottoes, it was nothing short of amazing. Our guide TVZKiza Or Bar (Sure that's spelled wrong) knew everyting about Israel, took us to a small place where he knew the people and it was by far the best meal we had the whole trip.

The next day we were scheduled to dock in Ashdod, this was Nov, due to bombings in the area, we had to stay in Haifa, so the tour we planned for Jerusalem/Dead Sea with GTI had even less time since we had to drive from there. Also, the group with them was very large so that translates to very slow. Because of time restraints, we literally had to run through Jerusalem. the guide would give us a very brief rundown on what we were about to see, leave us and say we had 10 min. This was ridiculous! How can you see thousands of years of history in 10 min. In the streets of Jerusalem, they have the coolest shops, spices, clothes, etc from locals. Couoldn't stop at any. Then we head to Dead Sea which is quite a ways away. Kept asking about shopping/lunch, was told we'd get to. Well we get there and the lunch/shopping is at the tourist trap of Dead sea. Lunch was awful a buffet and expensive. The shopping was just small tourist type things very expensive. Get to the Dead sea, after changing we had about 7 min in the sea, my hubby and I took a little longer so had to ride all the way to Haifa in our wet clothes, it was OK we still had time.

Sorry this was so long, just wanted you to see the difference. Go with TPI, you will not be disappointed. Please ask for Tzvika, he's the best. The Haifa tour was on $99/person but you do have to pay extra for site entrances and lunch but it's so worth it. The trip to Israel was for me the trip of a lifetime, Inever thought I"d get to go then I did and still feel like I didn't get to see Jerusalem, which is what I wanted to see. I'm still very upset about it.

If you want more information you can email me at mwebster@bham.rr.com

Happy travels,

Marilyn

:mad:

We are on the Celebrity Silhouette October 22 cruise and will be stopping in Haifa and Ashdod. Looking for tour recommendations visiting the Jewish sites from both ports. We will be in Haifa for 1 day and 2 days in Ashdod. We have never been to Israel before and are looking for good ideas. We are not looking for a very strenuous tours if possible. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

:mad:

We are on the Celebrity Silhouette October 22 cruise and will be stopping in Haifa and Ashdod. Looking for tour recommendations visiting the Jewish sites from both ports. We will be in Haifa for 1 day and 2 days in Ashdod. We have never been to Israel before and are looking for good ideas. We are not looking for a very strenuous tours if possible. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

Though visiting the "Jewish State" most cruise companies are offering mainly Christian tours. It is simply base on demand...

There are very few passengers that are looking for Jewish tours. Most Jews coming on the cruise ship are arranging themselves private tour, or have relative here.

Since this is your first visit, I suggest you to follow the same and arrange a private tour. It is not cheap but it will allow you to tailor the itinerary according to your needs and agenda and to maximize your time in Israel in the best way.

You can contact guides directly and that will save you a bit of the cost but expect at list $600USD per day. If you find partners using your cruise roll call forum here, you can of course cut the cost even more.

Try contacting Tal - talmgd@gmail.com – she was mentioned here and got good review.

Another one is Moti – moti@travel-israel.info – who also got good reviews here.

Using the Israel Forum on Trip Advisor is also a very good resource to find a good guide.

Enjoy your visit to Israel

Though visiting the "Jewish State" most cruise companies are offering mainly Christian tours. It is simply base on demand...

There are very few passengers that are looking for Jewish tours. Most Jews coming on the cruise ship are arranging themselves private tour, or have relative here.

Since this is your first visit, I suggest you to follow the same and arrange a private tour. It is not cheap but it will allow you to tailor the itinerary according to your needs and agenda and to maximize your time in Israel in the best way.

You can contact guides directly and that will save you a bit of the cost but expect at list $600USD per day. If you find partners using your cruise roll call forum here, you can of course cut the cost even more.

Try contacting Tal - talmgd@gmail.com – she was mentioned here and got good review.

Another one is Moti – moti@travel-israel.info – who also got good reviews here.

Using the Israel Forum on Trip Advisor is also a very good resource to find a good guide.

Enjoy your visit to Israel

Most Jews who go to Israel don't go as part of cruise itineraries. Most stay much longer than a week. Our tour company is shomer shabbat and we have nothing to do with our first Saturday in Tel Aviv. As our tour does not do Haifa (Baha'i Gardens, Rosh Hanikra Grottos, Akko, and Caesarea), we decided to look for a private guide for that day and found an Israeli on TripAdvisor with great reviews who will do tours from Jewish or Christian perspectives. The one we found is Yuval DeJoannes. Looking forward to our day and the full tour is $600.