Help from Bonnie. Docking locations.

josumello

We r on the Azamara Quest Baltic Cruise departing Copenhagen on Aug 1. It has been difficult to get docking locations. I am most concerned about Copenhagen and Stockholm. There seems to be conflicting info. Can u help??

Thanks

Sue

Hi Sue

It will dock at C177 at "Nordre Toldbod". Its the best "parkeing" you can get, Of course :-) Basiscally down town.

If you are onboard eg. mid day (or later for that matter). I suggest you do a nice walk along the water. You will pass Amalienborg (The Queens castle) on the right. Further on you get to Nyhavn. Walking "through" Nyhavn you get to the King Square. At the other side of the square the walking street starts. Further on you get to the main square of Copenhagen (Raadhuspladen) and Tivoli Garden, if you fancy! Walking aprx. 3 km each way. You could do a "pitt stop" in Nyhaven if needed :-)

Enjoy

Ronnie

Ps. Yes I do live in Copenhagen in case you didnt gussed already

Map:

http://www.cmport.com/maps/~/media/docs/maps%20and%20routes%206/map%202010/copenhagen%20map%20with%20quay%20numbers.ashx

Dock search. I could change but I doubt.

http://www.cmport.com/en/ships-in-port/calls/copenhagen

Hi Sue

It will dock at C177 at "Nordre Toldbod". Its the best "parkeing" you can get, Of course :-) Basiscally down town.

If you are onboard eg. mid day (or later for that matter). I suggest you do a nice walk along the water. You will pass Amalienborg (The Queens castle) on the right. Further on you get to Nyhavn. Walking "through" Nyhavn you get to the King Square. At the other side of the square the walking street starts. Further on you get to the main square of Copenhagen (Raadhuspladen) and Tivoli Garden, if you fancy! Walking aprx. 3 km each way. You could do a "pitt stop" in Nyhaven if needed :-)

Enjoy

Ronnie

Ps. Yes I do live in Copenhagen in case you didnt gussed already

Map:

http://www.cmport.com/maps/~/media/docs/maps%20and%20routes%206/map%202010/copenhagen%20map%20with%20quay%20numbers.ashx

Dock search. I could change but I doubt.

http://www.cmport.com/en/ships-in-port/calls/copenhagen

Thanks!! Sounds awesome.

Azamara almost always docks at the San Basilio Terminal which is a short walk from the water taxi stop. On rare occasions they would dock at the main ship facility - the Venezia Termino. That is where the larger cruise ships dock, and it's usually somewhat of a mess.If you look on Azamara's website directions to both berths are included.

Thanks...I am trying to figure out our transfers from the airport. Trying to decide if I am just better off just paying for Azamara's transfers or doing something on my own. Of course, it would help to know exactly which dock they are using. I do know they usually are at the one that is much closer to everything. Thanks again for your help!

Soccer Mom

Azamara almost always docks at the San Basilio Terminal which is a short walk from the water taxi stop. On rare occasions they would dock at the main ship facility - the Venezia Termino. That is where the larger cruise ships dock, and it's usually somewhat of a mess.If you look on Azamara's website directions to both berths are included.

Hi soccermom, I'm quoting Bill's response above because I can't do any better. The dock will be one of these two. Nothing is definite. Dock assignments change, sometimes at the last minute.

• 2 weeks later...