Upgraded Club Continental Suite

rallydave

Dave, I apologize; I missed seeing that statement. I knew that I had never been on a cruise ship that supported a hair dryer in the bathroom, but thought that I saw a double outlet in the picture. I'm not getting to this forum as often as I'd like, but that means business is good, so I'll deal with it. My question was caused by the fact that there is no mirror on the wall above the desk/dressing table, so naturally I'm wondering where I dry my hair (like everybody else who has mentioned it, I know, but what's a little redundancy?)

Oh please!

I believe it's time for some you to buy a custom yacht.

Demanding would be an understatement!

:D Good one.

What I have learned through the years is that there are always a few people who hate change no matter what it is. This cruise line is making a serious investment in its product and some would have you believe they are turning cruising into a camping trip. I don't think it's just this board. On Princess boards, they complain about placement of toilet paper rolls. :rolleyes:

There are a few of us who paid a few thousand dollars to upgrade, specifically to get a bath tub. So I honestly don't see where we deserve to be snarked on or accused of just being picky. We could have saved money for other things, and stayed with the veranda cabin with its shower.

There are a few of us who paid a few thousand dollars to upgrade, specifically to get a bath tub. So I honestly don't see where we deserve to be snarked on or accused of just being picky. We could have saved money for other things, and stayed with the veranda cabin with its shower.

Totally agree with Pam. Pam, you can see that I have been posting on this thread (and the other one--sort of annoying that there are two about Azamara's refits, feel like I have to weigh in on both) and then there is utog's shower/bath poll, so that is 3 threads. Anyway, YES, YES, YES-- I upgraded to CC suite SOLELY to get the tub!!!! (you, me, Grandma Gilly, ellbon and others have also said we want tubs) Anyway, all best to you, Pam, and let's hope Azamara gets it right and listens to us!

Totally agree with Pam. Pam, you can see that I have been posting on this thread (and the other one--sort of annoying that there are two about Azamara's refits, feel like I have to weigh in on both) and then there is utog's shower/bath poll, so that is 3 threads. Anyway, YES, YES, YES-- I upgraded to CC suite SOLELY to get the tub!!!! (you, me, Grandma Gilly, ellbon and others have also said we want tubs) Anyway, all best to you, Pam, and let's hope Azamara gets it right and listens to us!

I will not even comment in the poll. Another wasted thread. For the bathroom I upgraded in a hotel .

Really do nit want an aft suite but if I have to move I will.

With it being July 30 and tomorrow the last day of July, where is the Cabin/Suite update for the dry docks?? Am hoping your answer is that management is reviewing all of the excellent recommendations from this board as well as those aboard who were able to have a first hand view of the model cabin/suite.

Assuming my assumption is correct (how is that about making an assumption of an assumption), can we expect to see a corporate update today or tomorrow or is the update pending waitng on further information say from vendors for revised materials or ????????

Thanks in advance,

Instead of a month, each category on the Reimagine Azamara web page now says "Insiders' view coming soon"!

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/int/life-onboard/reimagine-azamara

Interesting change to the website as it showed months this morning about when the various upgrades would be displayed and just went there and they are changed to as you stated "coming soon".

Also, almost positive that Bonnie gave a schedule when this subject came out and the cabin/suite info was to be July as several posters did comment about getting the info in July.

Appears that you have somewhat answered my question in that Azamara is delaying the final design and hopefully it is in part, at least due to the active discussions we have beeen having here on the board.

Thanks for the update,

Interesting change to the website as it showed months this morning about when the various upgrades would be displayed and just went there and they are changed to as you stated "coming soon".

Also, almost positive that Bonnie gave a schedule when this subject came out and the cabin/suite info was to be July as several posters did comment about getting the info in July.

Appears that you have somewhat answered my question in that Azamara is delaying the final design and hopefully it is in part, at least due to the active discussions we have beeen having here on the board.

Thanks for the update,

On a cynical note - I hope Az doesn't listen too hard -

Sunset Bar - Tubs - Carpets - Square Sinks - Storage - Chairs - Decor - mirrors etc. etc.

Nothing will get done if they do. Heaven help us when they announce details of the Tapas bar - There will be no-one left to sail with ;)

Flamesuit on.

On a cynical note - I hope Az doesn't listen too hard -

Sunset Bar - Tubs - Carpets - Square Sinks - Storage - Chairs - Decor - mirrors etc. etc.

Nothing will get done if they do. Heaven help us when they announce details of the Tapas bar - There will be no-one left to sail with ;)

Flamesuit on.

To remain idealistic, I always remember that, in the words of our original CBO Bill Leiber, the Azamara Forum often exhibits "tough love".

We love the product and don't want anyone to mess it up!

I'm also willing to admire the way Larry P. and his staff have created a special crew that earns our loyalty. And that, so far, the previous changes they have made have been positive. (I'll pretend that the mural in Quest's MDR doesn't exist :) )

Thus, I hope, where possible, recommendations made here have been considered. But we also look forward to a new experience next year as part of the evolution of Azamara.

Hi Rabo and Rallydave, the team is busy with a few more things. I'm told "until every t is crossed and every i dotted, we will hold off" on the rollout. I expect it'll be soon.

Thanks Bonnie, kind of thought that there was an embargo on information since nothing was coming from Larry, you or Azamara. Better to get things correct before the final announcement. We'll wait for the proper time to announce the information we are all waiting for.

Thanks for the update.

We've booked VX on the Journey's Adriatic & Greek Isles next May, and Australia & New Zealand in '17. We've done large ships, small ships & river cruises, but these will be our first on Azamara and we're looking forward to whatever is being done.

Thanks Bonnie for keeping us up-to-date on what's going on behind the scenes.

Jerry

JVilleGal,

We're on the roll call and on the sailing with you. Two other couples are with us, but have not yet logged on to Cruise Critic.

Jerry (and Scheindel) from Pikesville, MD

JVilleGal,

We're on the roll call and on the sailing with you. Two other couples are with us, but have not yet logged on to Cruise Critic.

Jerry (and Scheindel) from Pikesville, MD

Need to get your sailing mates to join in the fun!

There's a lot more that should be considered than just climbing over the side of the tub. For instanced, my wife is short and has an articial knee AND an articifial ankle which really limits her flexibility and would make it impossible for her to get up from a sitting-on-the-floor position.

There is no "right"answer as we all have both preferences and needs. No need to ciriticize others who express them. The perfect cabin for us would include a sofa bed and shower only but we would be able to "make do" in any combination they put together. I for one am extremely grateful that we are in a position to even have these situations to care about and discuss.

I have certainly managed to adjust to the possibility of a shower; I will admit that I have been in some tubs that I had to work to get back to a standing position. I can't adjust to the possibility of not having a mirror for hair drying unless everybody wants to dine with The Scarecrow from Wizard of Oz.

There's a lot more that should be considered than just climbing over the side of the tub. For instanced, my wife is short and has an articial knee AND an articifial ankle which really limits her flexibility and would make it impossible for her to get up from a sitting-on-the-floor position.

Right. And we've all seen many passengers on-board with walkers, canes, etc., who would have difficulty climbing over the side of a tub. How "snarky" it is to minimize these problems experienced by so many who enjoy cruising because of the ease of otherwise getting around.

The other real danger with showering in a tub is the ship's motion. If ship's movement causes someone to lurch toward the outer side of the tub it would be easy to pivot right over the side of the tub and fall onto a hard surface (floor, wall, toilet, whatever), landing on a hip, shoulder, elbow, or even head.

I will not even comment in the poll. Another wasted thread. For the bathroom I upgraded in a hotel .

Really do nit want an aft suite but if I have to move I will.

I am sorry you are of the view the poll I started was a wasted thread. I started it to get a more objective view of where the overall balance of views stood. Three clear and distinct options were included

As you say you have the option to move.