Cruise show Birmingham UK

readingfast

Hi,

We are attending the above show in September and were looking forward to sorting out a couple of queries with Azamara.

We have just received a list of exhibitors and neither RCL, nor Azamara, appear but, Celebrity does.

Has anyone got any information as to if these two will be there and, if not, why not?

Can't actually answer your question but I recall that Royal Caribbean chose not to exhibit at one of the recent London Cruise shows and had a weekend of special offers for UK guests instead.

Having been to a few of the London ones in the past I am not sure how effective these shows are for the cruise lines as neither of the ones we attended were very busy.

Hi,

We are attending the above show in September and were looking forward to sorting out a couple of queries with Azamara.

We have just received a list of exhibitors and neither RCL, nor Azamara, appear but, Celebrity does.

Has anyone got any information as to if these two will be there and, if not, why not?

Perhaps because the X call centre is still in the UK where as the RCI and Azamara one is in Guatamess. Therefore they don't have the staff with the knowledge of the ships any more, and they cannot book Aza or RCI cruises in the UK any more...? Just a guess.:rolleyes:

Perhaps because the X call centre is still in the UK where as the RCI and Azamara one is in Guatamess. Therefore they don't have the staff with the knowledge of the ships any more, and they cannot book Aza or RCI cruises in the UK any more...? Just a guess.:rolleyes:

While I do know I should not stoop to answer this post, I feel compelled to point out that our UK personnel are extremely competent and quite familiar with our ships.

What's more Azamara bookings from the UK market are skyrocketing :D and our extremely competent staff in GuatemALA are making all these bookings :D

So most likely the director simply chose not to attend the consumer show. It's a matter of finite resources and where best to use them.

"Pls advise our guests that the shows are v expensive to go to and as a small brand we can't afford to do every one.

I am delighted to confirm the next shows we are at are the Conde Nast Luxury travel fair in London between 5_8 Nov and Telegraph Cruise show in London in January and the Mail cruise show in February 2016.

R."

They also have to take into consideration the demographics and psychographics of the area where the show is. London is the best market for Azamara to spend their £. They also have to consider the other tourism companies that will be exhibiting. Conde Nast Luxury Travel Fair will have similar exhibitors that will draw a more upscale audience.

Imo they made the correct marketing choice. It's all about ROI which they would not realize in Birmingham.

Edited by cruisr