New Prime C Menu!

cpgrneyes

We're on the Quest, and when we ate in Prime C a couple of nights ago, voila, a new menu from the one earlier in the cruise! I didn't have my camera, but will take a picture of the menu and post it soon. When we last sailed in 2013, Aqualina was our favorite by far, but none of the four of us are too excited about the new menu - tomorrow night we'll see version 2 and hopefully will be more impressed.

The crew is, as always, fabulous. On sail away from our first night in Scotland yesterday, we were treated to a full band of pipes and drums! This is also our first voyage with Captain Jose, and he is delightful and always present.

More to come!

We're on the Quest, and when we ate in Prime C a couple of nights ago, voila, a new menu from the one earlier in the cruise! I didn't have my camera, but will take a picture of the menu and post it soon. When we last sailed in 2013, Aqualina was our favorite by far, but none of the four of us are too excited about the new menu - tomorrow night we'll see version 2 and hopefully will be more impressed.

The crew is, as always, fabulous. On sail away from our first night in Scotland yesterday, we were treated to a full band of pipes and drums! This is also our first voyage with Captain Jose, and he is delightful and always present.

More to come!

It's great to hear that you are enjoying your cruise on the Quest.

That itinerary looks great.

It will be very interesting to see the new Prime C menu if you get a chance to post it.

Also, please let us know what you think of your upcoming dinner in Aqualina.

Thanks for posting about the Quest sailing from Scotland. We are on the next Quest sailing and we're happy to hear any feedback. Our roll call has been a little quiet, so any communication is appreciated. Sounds like a great send-off.

Thanks for posting about the Quest sailing from Scotland. We are on the next Quest sailing and we're happy to hear any feedback. Our roll call has been a little quiet, so any communication is appreciated. Sounds like a great send-off.

I am sure we will lay on the pipes for your cruise. Your azamazing evening is in a beautiful venue, yes it's a 30 minute bus ride away but it is a spectacular place

Hi Cpgrneyes,

Thanks for the heads up. Glad to hear they rolled out the new Prime C Menu. I'm very curious to hear what's new, and what's gone... and if you feel it's an improvement (or not) versus the prior menu.

Hope to see the new menu soon, and have a wonderful cruise !

It's true! Our Executive Chef Robert is rolling out new menus for the Prime C specialty restaurants. They will be available beginning July 18 on the AZAMARA QUEST. (I see through this forum they're already being tested onboard!) I'm attaching one of the menus for you.

The AZAMARA JOURNEY will offer the new menu beginning October 8.

Prime C Menu July 2015.pdf

It's true! Our Executive Chef Robert is rolling out new menus for the Prime C specialty restaurants. They will be available beginning July 18 on the AZAMARA QUEST. (I see through this forum they're already being tested onboard!) I'm attaching one of the menus for you.

Can hardly wait till we are on board again

Looks fantastic

Would love to see menu but download fails on two devices.:confused:

I have managed to see the menu and for ease of everyone, I have cut and pasted it below.

NY Strip Loin Steak*

12 ounce cut of this juicy steak

Filet Mignon*

5 or 8 ounces of a thick and tender cut from the tenderloin

Chateaubriand* for Two

14 ounces cut from the center part of the tenderloin

Veal Tenderloin*

5 or 8 ounces of tender, pure flavor

Ribeye Steak*

16-ounce cut of this all-time favorite, served on the bone

E!t"ee$!

Herb-Coated Rack of Lamb*

10 ounces, served on the bone

T-Bone Steak*

16 ounces, served on the bone

Pancetta-Wrapped Pheasant Breast

Pheasant leg confit, braised red cabbage and broccoli-spinach purées

Cajun-Spiced Grilled Swordfish*

Mango-ginger beurre blanc, tropical salsa

Vegetable Enchilada (v, v

!

)

Zucchini filled with rice, beans, and corn,

Cheddar cheese, spicy enchilada sauce

S%&'($ %!) *&+("!

Peppercorn, Béarnaise, Wild Mushroom, Gorgonzola

Café de Paris

*Consuming raw or undercooked meats, seafood, shellfish, eggs, milk, or poultry may increase your risk of foodborne illness,

especially if you have certain medical conditions.

D($$("t$

Lemon-Pistachio Bombe

Frangipani, lemon curd,

mixed berry coulis

Mango-Banana-Orange Trio

Mango-yogurt mousse, Banoffee pie,

orange crème brûlée

Pineapple & Coconut Sandwich (v

!

)

Caramelized rum-soaked pineapple

Grain-Nut Soufflé

Pineapple-saffron sauce

(No sugar added, gluten free, fat free)

Selection of Artisan Cheeses

Mini Cinnamon-Sugar Donuts

Chocolate, vanilla, caramel dipping sauces

Fondant au Chocolat

Praline crunch gelato

Assortment of Home-Made

Fruit Sorbet or Gelato

Dos de Saumon “Prestige”

Cold-smoked Norwegian salmon* with potato and egg salads

Chicken Lollipop Duo

Sweet chili sauce, coriander chutney, plum sauce

Tuna Tartare and Popcorn Shrimp

Sushi-grade tuna tartare*, crispy shrimp, soy sauce gelée,

wasabi mayonnaise, wakame salad

Filet Américain with Mushroom Croquette

Raw angus beef*, mesclun salad,

whole-grain mustard mayonnaise

Maryland Lump Crab Cakes (v

!

)

Crispy fennel salad, tartar sauce

St%",e"$!

Pumpkin Soup (v/v

!

)

Roasted pumpkin seeds, basil oil, sour cream

Cheese N’ Onion Soup

Gruyère & Parmesan cheese gougères

Roasted Beet & Arugula Salad (v/v

!

)

Butternut squash & carrot purée, pecans, ricotta,

white French dressing, basil oil

Chop Chop Salad (vg)

Tahini dressing, bell pepper marmalade,

iceberg wedge, cashew nuts

Warm Water Lobster Salad

Granny Smith apple & cucumber slaw,

mild curry vinaigrette

S-)( .-$/($!

Blue Cheese Bread Soufflé (v)

Twice Baked Potato with Bacon,

Cheese, & Chives

Steak Fries

Creamed Spinach (v, v

!

)

Spätzle with Walnuts & Swiss Cheese (v)

Mixed Sautéed or Steamed Vegetables (v)

Potato Hash (vg)

Zucchini Pancakes (v)

Belgian Endives with Ham & Cheese

Dutch “Hutsspot” & Sausage Cubes (v)

(v) vegetarian (vg) vegan (v

!

) vegan option available

S0&1$ %!)! S%2%)$!

I will post photos soon.

Sorry if there's trouble opening the menu. It's in PDF format.

I would like to learn how to embed pictures right in the post. I saw Phil posted the room service menu that way recently. Any tips for me?

Kind of disappointed. Missing Lobster Tail in the shell. Do see the warm water lobster salid but, I salivate for Warm Water South African/Australian Lobster Tail!!

Hopefully it will be on the second menu??

That was my only disappointment too. Sure hope they will put lobster tails back on menu. " surf and turf " sounds good !!!

I may be wrong but wouldn't Lobster be in Aqualina rather than Prime C? It is the steak house after all. Perhaps they have served Lobster in Prime C before and I've only been focussed on the great steaks!

Anyway, after the revolting surf and turf served on Holland America Zuiderdam last week, I may be giving it a miss for a while. :(

I may be wrong but wouldn't Lobster be in Aqualina rather than Prime C? It is the steak house after all. Perhaps they have served Lobster in Prime C before and I've only been focussed on the great steaks!

Anyway, after the revolting surf and turf served on Holland America Zuiderdam last week, I may be giving it a miss for a while. :(

You are correct that it used to be on the old Aqualina menu but this past February there was no lobster served on their new menu. Just hoping that they will start to serve it again in one or the other specialty restaurant. If Prime C then surf and turf and if Aqualina just a delicious broiled lobster like they served on old menu .

Keeping my fingers crossed !!!

Hi Everyone,

It took quite a while - as I converted the file from .PDF to .JPG, but it's done :). Here's the New Prime C Menu, for those who cannot view the .PDF file. Hope this helps !

New_Prime_C_Menu_July_20151.jpg

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Everyone,

It certainly seems that Azamara has done a great job of updating the Prime C menu. It's nice to see that many of the favorites remain, along with some very interesting new menu items.

Of course, there's only one way to know if it's as great as it looks.... and that's to dine at Prime C. Hopefully, we'll sail Azamara sometime soon, and see for ourselves.

Hi Lottie,

How are you ? I hope all is well !

I agree with you, that a Lobster Entree would be much better suited for Aqualina. I'd love to see it happen. Hopefully, Bonnie will share our insights with Azamara's culinary team.

Edited by Host Andy