Upgraded Club Continental Suite

rallydave

Hoping this picture that I attahed showed up. Go to Twitter Larry Pimeental re=tweeted to see this picture of the refurbished Club Continental Suite and 3 other pictures.

Sorry, difficult to take twitter pictures and put them in CC but, look for Larry's retweet. Looks just like the artist rendition and has some of the features that some of us did not like such as a 2 level dresser/desk and large easy chair rather than a couch. Enjoy.

CKDRMTuUEAAoco8.jpg.e889d8f0fa99d3ef1be58f0325231232.jpg

Thanks for the heads up Dave. I have to say I prefer the armchair. Poster marinaro said it's 8061 that has been refurbished and this is one of the Club Continent Suites without a sofa bed. I wonder where this leaves the others that convert and what they'll have?

I made the picture bigger.

image.jpg1_zpsxhd6facx.jpg

Phil

Could Dave or Phil or somebody post the other pictures here, for those of us who don't Tweet? Thanks!

Here you go Jazz, learned how to do this last post. Not sure how to biggerize so perhaps Phil can do that. Enjoy

Not really a lot to see and hopefully better pictures coming soon. And Jacksonville Gal, looks like dirty to me but, DW thinks may be a pattern in the carpet but, I don't agree.

CKDRMUxUEAAKe2o.jpg.bdb519d8c18a495f819dd28c0d116879.jpg

CKDRMV4UwAA43xX.jpg.7293641eca65aa5e493e64f77d01c86e.jpg

CKDRMZSUYAA60Dw.jpg.e9c4b4dbd0bec86771958c6d42d71aa2.jpg

Edited by rallydave

I love the style :-). Azamara.... If you are taking inputs...,

- it would be great if the sink cabinet was placed against the wall so items will not fall off. Is there any bath storage?

- we like to sit size by side.... Prefer a love seat.

- sharp looking corners on the glass tops and drawers may cause cuts and bruises.

DH gets the comfy chair and the girl who found, booked and decides what cruiseline to sail gets a metal office chair....are they kidding me?? And yea the carpet looks like it's dirty by the balcony!

ditto on the carpet. It looks like it only lacks a chalk outline of a body.:eek::D

Something I never understand.....why have only 1 comfy chair in a hotel room or ship cabin when there it's a double? I always get the short straw!!!!

Joyce

And no more footstool. I really liked having that since I have had an ankle replacement and need to elevate it at times during the day. :rolleyes:

Garry

Well, it's not the artist's rendering of the bathroom because that had two sinks. Does the picture of the shower head mean we are losing the bath tub? That was the primary reason I upgraded from verandah cabin to suite, and spent a lot more money!

From these pictures I have to say I do not like this update.

The room appears to be dark and dreary.

Too many chairs.

What's with the carpet?

The bedside lights are still not good for reading in bed.

I look forward to more photos so I can change my mind.

It looks like they had spilled something (potted plant/dirt?) on the carpet but decided to go ahead and take a picture anyway. The "second chair" looks uncomfortable, and I agree that things are going to fall off the countertop in the bathroom. I looked at deck plans, and the smaller suites don't have the symbol for a sofa bed, even though the list of amenities for all suites list sofa beds. There is a reflection of somebody's foot in the valve (?) in that strange bathroom picture, so I'm still puzzled about that.

I find it interesting when designers seem to create for the brochure photos. The realities of confined space aboard ship and living in that space for weeks apparently isn't a hip concept.

Almost no counter space but hey, a square box of tissues can fit. I suppose a wider rectangular box would be excessive.

Wasted, open space at either end of counter which also wastes storage space on the shelf below. I'd say that you could hang some clothes from the articulating mirror to make use of that gap but there will soon probably be a sign saying "don't hang objects from mirror".

The raised sink disrupts the counter surface further reducing its usefulness.

I suppose a medicine cabinet behind the mirrors or in the corners so I can unpack my things is too much to ask. No, I don't think I'll put my toothbrush on shelves right above the toilet. I don't fancy fishing for my toiletries.

Was there a sale on sharp corners? They seemed to go out of their way to put them everywhere. I see them on three levels. I hope nobody slips or the ship doesn't move.

image.jpg2_zpsvuxa84cr.jpg