Visit the ship when it is in port.

Henk123

In August, the Azamara is close to our hometown (Amsterdam). We are sailing with the Journey in December and it would be nice to see the ship also inside. Does anyone know what the possibilities are to arrange this?

In August, the Azamara is close to our hometown (Amsterdam). We are sailing with the Journey in December and it would be nice to see the ship also inside. Does anyone know what the possibilities are to arrange this?

I used to be able to go on board ships with my T/A when they were in port and she invited me...not sure if that is still done? If you have one...check with her/him...if not I guess you would have to contact AZ directly and see if it is possible? Good luck...and enjoy your cruise with AZ!! LuAnn

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the Silver Cloud in the Caribbean once and I was able to pre arrange for my tour guide and his wife to come aboard. I had to send in his passport numbers and his wife's passport numbers etc. They really enjoyed it. He had been a tour guide for other trips to Dominica.

The Silver Cloud offered a wonderful dinner under the stars by reservation. No extra charge. It was a wonderful experience so I could see how the Private Night thing would be nice.

I have said that since my first cruise on Azamara Quest January 2014 that Azamara was Celebrity's answer to Silverseas Cruise line. I did like the wine better on Azamara. BTW Larry didn't show up for his President's cruise so I got his cabin. I guess it was going to be his. It was vacant and this was suppose to be a president's cruise, but he wasn't on the ship. So I will be on Azamara rather than Silversea in October.

Next week, we will tour Oceania Regatta when it's in port in our home town, thanks to an invitation by a local travel agent. In the past, we've toured Regent Navigator and Silversea Shadow also by TA invitation. It's my experience that these ship tours include promo offers that are not advertised and are well worth a look. So my advice is to see if AZ is offering ship tours to local Amsterdam agencies and if so, try to secure an invitation!

On our last cruise some friends came on board for the day. It was quite a performance but worth it. It was arranged from the front desk via security.

Grandma,

I liked Silversea's idea of prior authorization so to speak. I don't know if they took the passport numbers and ran a background check or not, but I liked the security. I think it could be good to have a ship rep go with the people that are doing this. We just had the couple to ourselves and took them to our cabin and around the ship etc. It might have been better to assign another ship representative to this if it did not become too much of a burden.