Houston port?

Retiring cajun

looking at western caribbean on Caribbean princess. is there actually a pier in Houston or is it Galveston?

Actually it is in Pasadena which is by Houston. Google the below address to get an idea where it is. If you are familiar with Houston, it is near NASA.

Bayport Cruise Terminal

4700 Cruise Road

Pasadena, Texas 77586

How far from airport?

Which one; IAH or HOU? Assuming IAH, then approximately 50 miles. HOU is closer, maybe around 30 miles. As mentioned earlier just Google the port and the airport you are coming into.

The Princess transfer definitely makes sense. Be sure to investigate the problems with fog that Bayport has had during the winter. Princess will take care of you, but you may wind up with a delayed departure, and or an early return. Forewarned is forearmed!

Did you get the complimentary gratuities? The offer expires today, 30 July 2015.

The cruise terminal is in Houston (actually Bayport) not Galveston. It is a nice terminal and has a lot of parking. There is a fairly new Best Western Plus near by and I think they have a shuttle which will get you to the cruise terminal. I'm not sure since we only live 20 minutes from the terminal and just park in the parking lot.

If you are driving you can make a reservation for parking online by going to the website which I have listed below.

The closest airport to the Cruise Terminal is Hobby. The farthest is Bush International (IAH).

http://www.bayportcruiseparking.com/

Island Princess 2008 Alaska, Island Princess 2009 (B2B) Alaska, Royal Princess (Old) 2010 Alaska, Golden Princess 2011 Alaska, Coral Princess 2012 Panama Canal, Star Princess 2012 Alaska, Island Princess 2013 Alaska, Crown Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 Eastern Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 New England, Emerald Princess 2014 Western Caribbean, Ruby Princess 2015 Alaska

Hunky, I did get free gratuities! Guess we'll take our chances with fog. Thx:)

Just don't book an early flight back. We were on the first and second cruises out of Houston (B2B) in November of 2013. The first cruise went well. The second, on our return, the port was fogged in-and I mean fogged in. You couldn't see 20 feet in front of you.

We were stuck there for 3 hours before we were able to land.

Fortunately, we had a later flight and had no problems with getting out.

OTOH, people with morning flights were frantically calling to make different arrangements. The big problem was that no one knew just when the fog would lift.

For us, it was a trip to the IC and relaxing in the Princess theater. For others it was a nervous wreck to a great cruise....