Sold out/cabins available??

FritzG

The Aug. 25th Royal Princess 27 day cruise which includes the Sept. 6th ta is listed as sold out. However the ta portion has quite a number of inside cabins available? How can that be? If Princess was still in the process of assigning guarantee cabins wouldn't the higher category cabins still be for sale to make more revenue? Or are there that many guarantees for the more expensive cabins?

that is called marketing....

we are booked on a 14 day in 2017 that has a lot of rooms marked Sold, but if you look at the individual 7 day legs, the rooms that were marked sold ar available on the 7 day ...

if the two 7 day trips are booked as B2B the cost is more, but different cabins are available.

Call your TA if there is cabin you specifically want, your TA should be able to call Princess and get it for you if they holding it and not actually sold, (which is often done)

hope that helps.

It is sold out for the 27 day cruise, but not for the two shorter cruises. this is because there are no more cabins available for the full 27 days. A person booking that cruise would have to change cabins midway, which would be the same as booking the two segments separately. EM

If you have to change cabins between segments, it's not as big a deal as it sounds .... you gather up your stuff, leave the hanging clothes in the closet, and the crew will move all of it to your new cabin.

I will be on the Sept. 6th TA. I just checked on the progress and as far as I can tell, there is only one cabin left. Other than guarantees.

Apparently it will still let you pick a guarantee room, which means they mist have those blocked out.

On Monday there were still several insides left available. I check today and they are all gone....

It is sold out for the 27 day cruise, but not for the two shorter cruises. this is because there are no more cabins available for the full 27 days. A person booking that cruise would have to change cabins midway, which would be the same as booking the two segments separately. EM

When 2 segments can be sold either together (one booking) or separately, Princess will set up some inventory just for the single booking of a b2b and some inventory for each segment.

When looking at the one booking path, you will not see the cabins that have been set up for the individual segments. You will only see the inventory that was set up for the b2b as one booking.

Likewise, if looking at the individual segments, you will not see the inventory that was set up for the single b2b booking, no matter how many of those cabins are still available.

When looking at the individual segments, there may still be cabins which are available for both segments and thus would not require switching cabins between segments. They are just not part of the inventory that had been set up to be booked as a single cruise.

When 2 segments can be sold either together (one booking) or separately, Princess will set up some inventory just for the single booking of a b2b and some inventory for each segment.

When looking at the one booking path, you will not see the cabins that have been set up for the individual segments. You will only see the inventory that was set up for the b2b as one booking.

Likewise, if looking at the individual segments, you will not see the inventory that was set up for the single b2b booking, no matter how many of those cabins are still available.

When looking at the individual segments, there may still be cabins which are available for both segments and thus would not require switching cabins between segments. They are just not part of the inventory that had been set up to be booked as a single cruise.

I know that happens. I guess that because the TA is more than a month out bookings could still be made. But if there are cabins for the BI 12 day cruise or the 27 day why wouldn't they show openings to make more bookings?

I know that happens. I guess that because the TA is more than a month out bookings could still be made. But if there are cabins for the BI 12 day cruise or the 27 day why wouldn't they show openings to make more bookings?

Cabins shown for the 27 day cruise are available for both segments so passengers do not have to change cabins. So they do not want to offer them on the individual segments because selling one segment meant that both would no longer be available for sale on the 27 day cruise.

Because they do want cabins to be available for sale on the individual segments, there will be some that end up still being available for both segments and these will not be listed for the 27 day cruise. Of course if you want one of those cabins, you could book it for both segments.

If there is a reason 27 day pricing would be better, a good TA can convince Princess to take that cabin you want and allow it to be booked for the 27 days. In return they can take one that had been for 27 days and transfer it to the individual segment booking inventory.

If there is a reason 27 day pricing would be better, a good TA can convince Princess to take that cabin you want and allow it to be booked for the 27 days. In return they can take one that had been for 27 days and transfer it to the individual segment booking inventory.

I have done this several times, both ways. The department (if you are booking direct with Princess or just in case you have one of those many "bad" TAs that are reported about here on CC ;)) is Yield Management, and it can be done while you (or your TA) is on hold with Princess.

Trying real hard to absorb all the input but will not give up.

If we have booked a guarantee mini suite on 20 day cruise (which could b 2different 10's to others) are we guaranteed to have the same room the full 20 days? Would/could they split our trip?

If we have booked a guarantee mini suite on 20 day cruise (which could b 2different 10's to others) are we guaranteed to have the same room the full 20 days? Would/could they split our trip?

No the gty does not have anything to do with having the same cabin for both cruises. You are just guaranteed to be in the cat you booked or higher. So you could have 2 different cabins.

No the gty does not have anything to do with having the same cabin for both cruises. You are just guaranteed to be in the cat you booked or higher. So you could have 2 different cabins.

Hi, Colo. Almost 50K postings and I cannot believe this one, so I have to ask you. If a customer books a 20-day cruise sold as such, even though we know it is 2 x 10-day trips, surely Princess would not have said customer switching cabins as could easily be the case if the customer booked it as 2 x 10-day voyages? Won't that GTY be confirmed into a single cabin? Isn't that the advantage to booking it as 20-day cruise?

Remember "pjchow" was talking about his 20-day GTY.

Edited by steelers36

Hi, Colo. Almost 50K postings and I cannot believe this one, so I have to ask you. If a customer books a 20-day cruise sold as such, even though we know it is 2 x 10-day trips, surely Princess would not have said customer switching cabins as could easily be the case if the customer booked it as 2 x 10-day voyages? Won't that GTY be confirmed into a single cabin? Isn't that the advantage to booking it as 20-day cruise?

Remember "pjchow" was talking about his 20-day GTY.

I guess that is possible booked that way. Never thought of that. To me its a logistical nightmare. I get dizzy thinking about all the possible combinations. Guess they will have to come back and tell us.

I did say they "could" have a different cabin.

Why does my post count have anything to do with it?

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I guess that is possible booked that way. Never thought of that. To me its a logistical nightmare. I get dizzy thinking about all the possible combinations. Guess they will have to come back and tell us.

Only because I question myself more when someone with much greater cruising experience than I and also posting responses to a large number of threads will have likely encountered the issue at hand previously. But I had to ask in case maybe you had read it wrong on re-thinking, because it didn't make sense to me that Princess would end up having the customer move half-way through the trip if booked as a full trip. Perhaps the answer is it should not ever happen, but in the world of Princess and number of voyages sailed x cabins booked it just may have happened that way.

Same thing I wondered. Maybe at 40, 000 + you become infallible. Or get super powers. (I always knew you had super powers!) ;):):eek:

If you have a single booking number for the 20 days, then you will be assigned the same cabin for both segments.

If you have a single booking number for the 20 days, then you will be assigned the same cabin for both segments.

Per above, the key is to have a single booking number which you will when you book it as a 20 day cruise rather than two 10 day cruises. :)

LuLu

Per above, the key is to have a single booking number which you will when you book it as a 20 day cruise rather than two 10 day cruises. :)

LuLu

This is a very helpful thread.

We do have a single booking number for the 20 day.

Cruise starts on Oct 11. On our ROLL CALL for the Oct 11, some posters are writing about already getting their GTY rooms. We have not.

That part is helping to confuse us.

We are not complaining, just trying to gain knowledge for future cruises.

Thanks to all posters!

Cruise starts on Oct 11. On our ROLL CALL for the Oct 11, some posters are writing about already getting their GTY rooms. We have not.

If they need to, they will upgrade someone else to make the same cabin available to you for both segments.

We are not complaining, just trying to gain knowledge for future cruises.

Thanks to all posters!

The bad thing about a GTY is not knowing which cabin.

Happily, you KNOW you will have the same cabin for the total 20 days. :)

LuLu

Just two comments.

First, if you have booked a single cruise that is actually 2 B2B cruises you will have the same cabin even if it is a guaranty booking. Secondly, while on board the cruise talk to the Princess Captains Circle rep about having the cruise credited to you as two cruises if you are concerned about making a loyalty level. Thanks to a CC posting that I saw we did and got two credits instead of only one.

Before anyone carps about getting a benefit that was unjustified (two cruise credits vs one credit for one booking vs two bookings) all I did was to ask the rep if there was any benefit to categorizing that cruise as two cruises instead of one. She was the one who said: "Absolutely! What is your name and I will take care of it." We didn't get any more Internet minutes, on board credits, or anything else, just the one extra cruise credit showing on our cruise history. Apparently it is OK with Princess since their rep actually (and somewhat enthusiastically) volunteered to do it.

Just sayin'. YMMV :cool:

Edited by ar1950