HELP PLS! Warnemunde to Tegel

Hello All~

We are two couples looking for current information from fellow travelers who have booked their own transport from ship in Warnemunde port to Tegel airport post cruise. I would love to hear from anyone if they were able to take a train, a bus, or booked a private van. I would appreciate all the details you could provide, including cost. Transport from the ship is $99 each, so anything under $400 is appreciated.

Thank you in advance! :)

i am also wondering the same thing.

does the train go directly to the airport or do we need a taxi from the train station.

thanks

Hi, the train journey from Warnemuende to Berlin is very straightforward. For times and fares please see the Berlin page on my website. From the main train station you can take a taxi, a bus or the s-Bahn train.

The cost of a ticket from Warnemuende to Berlin is 43.70 € pp. If you book right through on the train the price is the same.

For a party of four it would be cheaper to buy a Schoenes-Wochenende-ticket @ 52€ for the whole party together if travelling at the weekend or a Quer-Durch-land ticket @ 68€ for the whole party if travelling on a weekday. You can find more details of these tickets on the Berlin page.

Cost of a taxi is 20-30€, time about 20 mins. The bus fare is around 2-3€.

For four people with luggage I would recommend the taxi.

Please

Note that the prices I have quoted are 2016 and may rise slightly at the end of February. I will update the website when and if that happens.

I really don't know how the cruise lines arrive at their prices, they are a rip-off!

Happy cruising :),

Anni

http://www.travelanni.webs.com

Edited by Travelanni

Hi, the train journey from Warnemuende to Berlin is very straightforward. For times and fares please see the Berlin page on my website. From the main train station you can take a taxi, a bus or the s-Bahn train.

The cost of a ticket from Warnemuende to Berlin is 43.70 € pp. If you book right through on the train the price is the same.

For a party of four it would be cheaper to buy a Schoenes-Wochenende-ticket @ 52€ for the whole party together if travelling at the weekend or a Quer-Durch-land ticket @ 68€ for the whole party if travelling on a weekday. You can find more details of these tickets on the Berlin page.

Cost of a taxi is 20-30€, time about 20 mins. The bus fare is around 2-3€.

For four people with luggage I would recommend the taxi.

Please

Note that the prices I have quoted are 2016 and may rise slightly at the end of February. I will update the website when and if that happens.

I really don't know how the cruise lines arrive at their prices, they are a rip-off!

Happy cruising :),

Anni

http://www.travelanni.webs.com

Anni, thank you so much for taking the time to respond. Before I posted my question, I did read through your website on the topic. From your response above and from your website, this is what I have surmised:

From the Warnemunde port, take a taxi or the local S-Bahn to the Rostock train station, and transfer there to another train. (RE train?)

From Rostock take the train to Berlin--but does the train go to main train station in Berlin?? Is there another destination from Rostock because I think the the next step is to take a bus to the airport. Is the bus station in or connected to the main train station?

Do I have this correct?

We are 2 couples who are quite seasoned travelers, and this sounds a bit complicated... I'm sure it's quite straightforward to anyone who has done it even just once. And of course, there is the fear of delays when there are three separate bits of transportation required to get to the airport. I think that is why many people throw up their hands and just sign up for the (I agree, way over-priced) ship transfer.

With a bit of clarification, we might be willing to give the journey from port to airport a go.

We feel pretty comfortable about the info we've garnered getting to the port from Berlin:

Taxi from our hotel to main train station

Take the RE train (is that correct??) to Rockstock

Take the S-Bahn train or taxi to the port

Thank you for any further clarification you can give us.

We appreciate your time and expertise!

The train should go to the main station -- Hauptbahnhof or abbreviated Hbf. For stress free easiness I would just get a taxi from there to TXL, it will only take about 20 mins and you won't have to worry about getting to the U/S-bahn with luggage and waiting for a bus.

The train should go to the main station -- Hauptbahnhof or abbreviated Hbf. For stress free easiness I would just get a taxi from there to TXL, it will only take about 20 mins and you won't have to worry about getting to the U/S-bahn with luggage and waiting for a bus.

Thank you, Sauer-kraut, for your input.

To be clear~

For 4 adults:

Taxi from Warnemunde to Rostock

Train from Rostock to Hbf

Taxi to Tegel.

Is that correct? If so, it certainly sounds like a viable option to the $400 ship transfer.

Thank you for your time.

Anni, thank you so much for taking the time to respond. Before I posted my question, I did read through your website on the topic. From your response above and from your website, this is what I have surmised:

From the Warnemunde port, take a taxi or the local S-Bahn to the Rostock train station, and transfer there to another train. (RE train?)

From Rostock take the train to Berlin--but does the train go to main train station in Berlin?? Is there another destination from Rostock because I think the the next step is to take a bus to the airport. Is the bus station in or connected to the main train station?

Do I have this correct?

We are 2 couples who are quite seasoned travelers, and this sounds a bit complicated... I'm sure it's quite straightforward to anyone who has done it even just once. And of course, there is the fear of delays when there are three separate bits of transportation required to get to the airport. I think that is why many people throw up their hands and just sign up for the (I agree, way over-priced) ship transfer.

With a bit of clarification, we might be willing to give the journey from port to airport a go.

We feel pretty comfortable about the info we've garnered getting to the port from Berlin:

Taxi from our hotel to main train station

Take the RE train (is that correct??) to Rockstock

Take the S-Bahn train or taxi to the port

Thank you for any further clarification you can give us.

We appreciate your time and expertise!

Hi, thank you for your appreciation. Sorry I did not make myself clear but thanks to Sauerkraut saying clearly exactly what I was trying to say you have it worked out. As I said before, taxi to TXL would be my choice too.

Happy cruising :)

Anni

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Nabela56,

Please post how this transfer works out. We're doing the same trip in v2018. We want to arrive a day early and go straight to Warnemunde.

Lorraine

Hi Lorraine

Since we will be arriving at Warnemunde by cruise liner at 8.00 we decided on a private mini van pick up at 9.00.

Our flight is at 14.30 from Tegel Berlin airport and it takes approx 3 hours to reach Tegel Airport. This should leave us with ample time at the airport, about 2 hours before our flight.

Regards

Noel

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, has anyone used tour shuttle yet?

Looking to go from Warnmunde to Tegel with 4 people July 10 2017

Thank you

ote=nabela56;52477469]Hi Lorraine

Since we will be arriving at Warnemunde by cruise liner at 8.00 we decided on a private mini van pick up at 9.00.

Our flight is at 14.30 from Tegel Berlin airport and it takes approx 3 hours to reach Tegel Airport. This should leave us with ample time at the airport, about 2 hours before our flight.

Regards

Noel