Driving in Honningvag and Nordkapp

angeleyes27

We are renting a car during our port stop in Honningsvag. I know that it is 45 minutes to Nordkapp from Honningsvag. We would also like to visit Mageroya Island and Skarsvag with its Christmas and Winter House. How far is it from Nordkapp and how would we get there? Also we thought of doing the King Crab Safari, but I am not sure where that leaves from and how to get there. Can anyone help me with that?

Thank you.

We're going to Honningsvag too, and I considered renting a car. Here's info I've gathered so far:

You’ll find Hertz & Avis near tourist info center atmain parking lot. Recommend booking ahead of time. "We got car about mile N ofdock:http://en.nordkappbilservice.no/" See email @ 11/28 rerenting very small Yaris not on website – 650 NOK/$76. Cheapest car is older Mondeo 950 NOK ($111).Look up CX policy. Google says only 15m to Kamoyvaer & 30m there toNordkapp. Even if takes twice as long,would only be 1.5h driving up & maybe 45m back. Maybe add in Skarsvag. Remember, is toll toNordkapp & have to buy gas when leave Bilservice. Pretty expensive ($72, think)to take bus up there, plus pay admission to Nordkapp if not included.

That's kind of a jumble of info, and none of us is based on my experience, just what I've read. However, I hope it helps a tiny bit. I don't have any other info on the Hertz and Avis rental places. Who knows, maybe one or both are the same as Nordkappbilservice.

We're going to Honningsvag too, and I considered renting a car. Here's info I've gathered so far:

You’ll find Hertz & Avis near tourist info center atmain parking lot. Recommend booking ahead of time. "We got car about mile N ofdock:http://en.nordkappbilservice.no/" See email @ 11/28 rerenting very small Yaris not on website – 650 NOK/$76. Cheapest car is older Mondeo 950 NOK ($111).Look up CX policy. Google says only 15m to Kamoyvaer & 30m there toNordkapp. Even if takes twice as long,would only be 1.5h driving up & maybe 45m back. Maybe add in Skarsvag. Remember, is toll toNordkapp & have to buy gas when leave Bilservice. Pretty expensive ($72, think)to take bus up there, plus pay admission to Nordkapp if not included.

That's kind of a jumble of info, and none of us is based on my experience, just what I've read. However, I hope it helps a tiny bit. I don't have any other info on the Hertz and Avis rental places. Who knows, maybe one or both are the same as Nordkappbilservice.

FYI...............We contacted both Avis & Hertz International and were told they no longer have a rental office in Honningsvag. The only one we found was Nordkappbilservice.

We also have a car rented with Bilservice. They were very prompt in responding. Thanks for the information on tolls and gas. Even with those costs, the 4 of us will still pay less than the bus tours and we can take our time and enjoy the drive! We had friends who rented a car here and they said it was great!