Getting to Stockholm from Nyanshamn by taxi

Maryland4

We (a family of 4) are on the NCL Getaway, docking at Nyanshamn from 8:00-5:00 on Sat., June 10. We will probably bite the bullet and take taxis--expensive, but much cheaper than the excursion we would take. A few questions:

1--is it quick and easy to find a taxi when we get off the ship?

2--it is easy to find a taxi to leave Stockholm, I assume at about 3:00 or 3:30?

3--is it a lot safer to take the NCL bus? I know that the ship will wait if it is delayed, but it also leaves Stockholm pretty early--about 2:30.

Thanks.

1. I don't know but I would not think so. There are probably taxis waiting at the terminal but it's a big ship

and I wouldn't count on that there are enough taxis for everyone.

If you want to be sure to get a taxi, just pre-book one. The extra cost would negligible since the trip will be pretty expensive anyway-

2. Well there should be taxis available but I don't know if they'll be easy to find, except at the central station

at which you should be able to find taxis. Or you could call the Taxi company and ask,

3. Safer yes, but I still think that you should be fine with taxis.

Has it been confirmed that Getaway isn't docking in Stockholm centre? I'm on this cruise in August and our itinerary still says Stockholm with a tour of archipelago on the way out. I wondered if she is too big to get into Stockholm port so will be watching the early cruises to see how it goes. I have fingers crossed we don't have to figure out transportation from Nyanshamn. If you don't mind me asking how much is the taxi for four? Thanks

Has it been confirmed that Getaway isn't docking in Stockholm centre?

I'm on this cruise in August and our itinerary still says Stockholm with a tour of archipelago on the way out.

I wondered if she is too big to get into Stockholm port so will be watching the early cruises to see how it goes.

I have fingers crossed we don't have to figure out transportation from Nyanshamn

. If you don't mind me asking how much is the taxi for four? Thanks

I don't think it is about size since NGW isn't bigger then Regal Princess.

I think it is partially a cost matter (Nynäshamn is cheaper then central Stockholm) and that the only berth capable

of handling ships of NGW's size is occupied by other ships like Celebrity Silhouette/Eclipse Mein Schiff 6 and the Aida ships.

Aida in particular is a very frequent visitor with their ships, especially Aidamar who comes once a week from early may until mid October (and have been doing that for years).

I guess that kind of "loyalty" is rewarded by giving preference to central berth compared to newer visitors like Princess.

Taxi cost would end up at an estimated 1400-1500 SEK which is about 155-166 US Dollars (per taxi, not per person)

The June 10th Getaway visit has NYNASHAMN (STOCKHOLM), SWEDEN on the paperwork (cruise confirmation itinerary.) I'm wondering if the August itinerary is different on their paperwork.

Maryland4 - have you gone into Google Maps to see the public transportation options? It would be a significantly cheaper option for you.

I'd probably look at taking the train: https://www.sj.se/en/home.html#/

Trains on a Saturday every 20 - 30 mins in the morning, every 30 mins return in the afternoon. From ~ USD 11 return

Correct but those are not SJ-trains but rather SL commuter trains.

http://sl.se/en/ http://sl.se/ficktid/vinter/H35.pdf