Back from Rome to Barcelona on Silver Spirit

magwun

We just returned from our first voyage with Silversea and am attaching a photo album if anyone is interested. We spent 3 days precruise in Rome and 3 days postcruise in Barcelona on our own. I took over 1000 pics but these are just a few. I don't have time right now to write a trip report, but will do so soon.

https://goo.gl/photos/tuZNEK5FGxHZLQy77

Edited by magwun

We just returned from our first voyage with Silversea and am attaching a photo album if anyone is interested. We spent 3 days precruise in Rome and 3 days postcruise in Barcelona on our own. I took over 1000 pics but these are just a few. I don't have time right now to write a trip report, but will do so soon.

Yes!! Yes!! Appreciate the many very nice pictures from Rome, Barcelona, etc. Brings back nice memories such as when you visited the famed Market in Barcelona. Any insights, comments, etc., from the ship experience, about Silversea, etc.??

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 160,553 views for this posting.

Look forward to reading it when Cruise Critic posts it as we board the Spirit in December.

Hello, recall from the past that you and family were planning on eating in one of Bloomenths restaurants in London and, my partner and I were eating in another one I asked how you liked it, you had to cancel, well we did also. We too will be on Spirit from Dec 15 until Jan 4, perhaps we can have a toast to the restaurants we have never been. Take care.

Hmmm, no that wan't me. I haven't been to London (yet). Perhaps you are confusing me with someone else. I'm waiting for Cruise Critic to post my review of Silver Spirit. It's been four days. I hope they haven't lost it, as I didn't save it.

Hello, recall from the past that you and family were planning on eating in one of Bloomenths restaurants in London and, my partner and I were eating in another one I asked how you liked it, you had to cancel, well we did also. We too will be on Spirit from Dec 15 until Jan 4, perhaps we can have a toast to the restaurants we have never been. Take care.
Haha! Thank you for the fun this morning as my wife, daughter, and I all laughed out loud as I read this. We definitely will share a toast with you on board. Look forward to meeting you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm waiting for Cruise Critic to post my review of Silver Spirit. It's been four days. I hope they haven't lost it, as I didn't save it.

Hi Magwun, your review is up! I read it with gusto, since I'm just back home from the Spirit's voyage right after yours. I agree with you that meat preparation needs to be improved; I also had rare meat delivered, instead of the requested medium in all instances, At some point I stopped ordering meat and all else was very much to my satisfaction. I thought the pastas at La Terraza were especially tasty. Also, I thought the overall service standards remain very good, with exceptions here and there...some in the pool deck. One difference in our two trips, for which I came out winning, was the overall passenger ambiance. We had a notable group of people in their 40's and 50's, along with very lively "elders" which provided a happy vibe to the cruise. The pool deck was always pretty full, as we had quite warm (hot) sea days. We had guest entertainers, thank goodness, as the regular shows can be very much improved. However, all in all, I see we both had very good journeys.

• 3 months later...

Thank you for sharing.......I am going on my first Silverseas cruise in August...going in the opposite direction...from

Barcelona to Rome on The Spirit:).....your photos are terrific. I see you putting in the hallway:D..!!!

I am searching this forum all the time now and finding some informative threads.......thanks again!