St. Petersburg Tours Inquiry

Lynnseab

Viking Star- July 15, 2017 -

Stockholm to Bergen.

I have been doing some investigation regarding a 2 day tour of St. Petersburg.

SPB, Alla, and TJ Travel are all coming up with high marks. While I have read the positive posts about Alla, any first hand info about SPB and/or TJ Travel?

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Think you posted one or two duplicates here...

ALL of the tour guides mentioned here or are top-rated on Trip Advisor will offer an unforgetable experience for a small-group tour (typ. 12 - 16 max) at a fraction of the price of your cruise line's cattle truck excursion. We went with TJ travel - because of their tour excursions ticked the most boxes and their prompt response to our questions - and I would hesitate to recommend or use their services again.

What we got up to: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g298507-d1818810-r414055011-TJ_Travel-St_Petersburg_Northwestern_District.html#

We used SPB Tours when we were in St Petersburg and would thoroughly recommend them. They were excellent throughout. We found they handled the visas as they are licenced and then when we arrived at the port they were there ready to direct us to 15 seater mini buses and a bottle of water was waiting for us along with headsets. We were on the Emerald Princess and a lot of passengers were also using SPB so they had several vehicles lined up. Our guide was local and made the two days very interesting and informative. Would use them again without hesitation.

We were on the Emerald Princess and visited St Petersburg back in 2015. We used SPB Tours and were very glad we did. They are licenced to handle visas so nothing for us to do apart from exit the ship and look out for them. They had plenty of people meeting and greeting and showing us to our assigned 15 seater mini buses. Our guide was first class and as a local was a fount of knowledge but made it interesting and informative. There is so much to see in St Petersburg that it can be hard to take it all in.

Would use them again without any hesitation.

We went with SPB tours and everything ran smoothly and professionally. Our guide was personable and knowledgeable and efficient. We had no problems and enjoyed ourselves immensely.

Of course, I've heard similar recommendations for Alla, TJ Travel, Best Guides, etc. The major companies all seem to know what they're doing and do it well.