Currently Aboard the Wind: no water

ShotsnCruises

Shots.... please don't use all the water and save some for us for our departure from San Juan in 20 days!

Water aside, how are the upgrades? Look much different? Has the internet improved? Multi media Tv upgrades in place?

If you get the time, please update on life on the Wind.

Hope they fix the problems soon..... don't break anything else! :D

Happy to report the water outage was very short lived. No issues since yesterday afternoon.

The ship appears to be in beautiful condition. Since this is my 1st Silversea cruise, I can't compare. Internet is FREE as I have been on wifi off and on for the past 2 days. No concerns.

Last night was pretty rough seas. I am ashamed to admit that I had to excuse myself from dinner early, as I was just too sick to finish. Feeling much better today. The crew said it was one of the worst crossings out of San Juan they had experienced.

For the internet, you are remembering to log off after using?

You do get free internet, (60 minutes per day for each passenger as a block used any time) but go over and you'll get a bill.

At least that's how it usually works. Don't just switch off ... you will still be connected as far as the server is concerned until YOU physically log out. Best check on that! (I'm hoping though it's unlimited free access!) on that note have they sorted the interactive TV stuff, i.e. Content being streamed.

Glad they've sorted the water out. That could have been disastrous!

For the internet, you are remembering to log off after using?

You do get free internet, (60 minutes per day for each passenger as a block used any time) but go over and you'll get a bill.

At least that's how it usually works. Don't just switch off ... you will still be connected as far as the server is concerned until YOU physically log out. Best check on that! (I'm hoping though it's unlimited free access!) on that note have they sorted the interactive TV stuff, i.e. Content being streamed.

Glad they've sorted the water out. That could have been disastrous!

The new internet system is free 24/7 for one device per person. No need to log off unless you want to change from one device to another, and the hand off between devices works very smoothly. They are implementing it fleet-wide - it was on the Wind in Jan, I'm glad to hear it's on the Spirit (got that from another thread - hi Master Echo!) since I'll be on her for the crossing.

The speed is greatly improved altho' that still varies a bit with location and amount of traffic. According to the HD on the Wind (Daniel) when it's fully implemented it'll be networked so that the bandwidth is available fleet-wide so that when it's night time on some ships so they're not using so much, more bandwidth will be free for the other ships.

Edited by jollyjones

We had no air conditioning,water pressure poor, issues that have been for a while that they choose not to fix.

I would not go back on the Wind if it was free.

Was that recently? Or before the recent refurbishment? I was on the Wind for two weeks in January and the air conditioning ship-wide was stunningly efficient - best I've ever known it - and there were no problems with the water at all. The new beds were so comfortable. The new internet system was so efficient.

I struggled to find anything to put on the 'what can we do better' card - the only thing I could find was that some of the pool lounger cushions were a bit squashed and worn out.

Was that recently? Or before the recent refurbishment? I was on the Wind for two weeks in January and the air conditioning ship-wide was stunningly efficient - best I've ever known it - and there were no problems with the water at all. The new beds were so comfortable. The new internet system was so efficient.

I struggled to find anything to put on the 'what can we do better' card - the only thing I could find was that some of the pool lounger cushions were a bit squashed and worn out.

We were on just before.So much was wrong that for the first time we wrote to SS about it.

No air,low water pressure,pool closed for 3 days this was Aug/Sept.Washing machines were broken.I could go on but you get the message.I hope they have fixed the problems but for us it was a very expensive 2 weeks and we choose not to return.

The new internet system is free 24/7 for one device per person. No need to log off unless you want to change from one device to another, and the hand off between devices works very smoothly. They are implementing it fleet-wide - it was on the Wind in Jan, I'm glad to hear it's on the Spirit (got that from another thread - hi Master Echo!) since I'll be on her for the crossing.

The speed is greatly improved altho' that still varies a bit with location and amount of traffic. According to the HD on the Wind (Daniel) when it's fully implemented it'll be networked so that the bandwidth is available fleet-wide so that when it's night time on some ships so they're not using so much, more bandwidth will be free for the other ships.

Thats reassuring. Just after the refurb, those on the initial sailings were saying there was no improvement on the internet and that it was fitted but not in use yet - and no interactive TVs and media streaming.

I guess they flicked the switch. Great news indeed as we've 2 weeks to go now. :D

Was the interactive media stuff working for you in January?

The new internet system is free 24/7 for one device per person. I'm glad to hear it's on the Spirit (got that from another thread - hi Master Echo!) since I'll be on her for the crossing.
Well, that is good to hear because on the Spirit in January the internet was no different than in the past. The CD would provide daily reminders to log out when not using a device.

According to the HD on the Wind (Daniel) when it's fully implemented it'll be networked so that the bandwidth is available fleet-wide so that when it's night time on some ships so they're not using so much, more bandwidth will be free for the other ships.
A very smart idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wifi is working great. I'm only connected on my phone, but there was no Mention onboard of a charge. Just directions posted in the suite about how to connect. Our cruise has been amazing. I must say, it has taken me a while to adjust to the smaller ships. There is So Much more motion!