Misty Fjords Wilderness Explorer Tour

smitty3000

We are going on the Sapphire Princess in August. Thought this tour that Princess offers looked interesting. Has anybody been on it and if so can you tell me your thoughts. Island Wings sounds great but I have a glacier helicopter ride scheduled in Skagway and only want to do one flight seeing tour. This is touring Misty Fjords by boat is it worth it?

we just did this tour and was very disappointed. The boat ride is two hours ONE way and all we saw was the Rock and a few small waterfalls...not worth the money- and it was not informative at all.

Oh we did see a dolphin...but we saw that from our ship. lol I would recommend spending your money and ..your time elsewhere..unless you are into rocks.

How about a third vote in the middle of the previous two posters? We did this excursion through NCL last May. The scenery was gorgeous, but it does take a while (~45 minutes) to get to the Misty Fjords area. Lots of pretty waterfalls and a beautiful fjord, but not a lot of wildlife for us. We did see seals out at an area called seal rock, but that was about it (except for the ever present bald eagles).

I was glad we'd done this excursion once, but I probably wouldn't choose to do it again. Just a feeling of "been there, done that", and not expecting it to be much different the next time.

we just did this tour and was very disappointed. The boat ride is two hours ONE way and all we saw was the Rock and a few small waterfalls...not worth the money- and it was not informative at all.

Oh we did see a dolphin...but we saw that from our ship. lol I would recommend spending your money and ..your time elsewhere..unless you are into rocks.

On my last cruise we came very close to going on this tour but decided not to because we did 2 big tours in other ports. I had wondered if we'd regret not doing it but then heard from a couple fellow cruisers who did this excursion and they said the same thing - they were a little disappointed because it was a long ride there, you see the rock/waterfall and then a long ride back. But I heard taking the float plane there is great.

• 1 month later...
We are going on the Sapphire Princess in August. Thought this tour that Princess offers looked interesting. Has anybody been on it and if so can you tell me your thoughts. Island Wings sounds great but I have a glacier helicopter ride scheduled in Skagway and only want to do one flight seeing tour. This is touring Misty Fjords by boat is it worth it?

We did this tour 2 weeks ago. It was a beautiful day. A long boat ride with no water animals. The fjord itself is very scenic but I didn't think it was worth the money. The plane ride back was a much better way to see it. Also, it used up most of our day at port and we didn't get to see anything else in town which was very disappointing to me. You will see a lot of pretty scenery on cruise so I say save your money. We did the helicopter tour to a glacier in Juneau. Worth every penny. An amazing experience!!

Enjoy the cruise!!

Archived