Fantasy still in port .

buchananglasgow

We didn't get back in port till 9:45 after our sailing last week. Disembarkation was a nightmare, people were still in the ship till well after 12pm. We also had engine issues, so that might be an issue too. My guess though is they are just running significantly behind due to the problems this morning. They said it would be at least 2 hours late leaving today.

We didn't get back in port till 9:45 after our sailing last week. Disembarkation was a nightmare, people were still in the ship till well after 12pm. We also had engine issues, so that might be an issue too. My guess though is they are just running significantly behind due to the problems this morning. They said it would be at least 2 hours late leaving today.

Here she was passing Cocoa Beach around 8:30 this morning

ry%3D480

Could you post the link to the you tube video?

Go to YouTube and search for Disney Fantasy Hurricane. You'll see several from Hurricane Sandy in 2012 and a few from Hurricane Joaquin last week.

I was on the Sept 26 - Oct 3 Fantasy cruise. It was mostly great. There was a little rain and some high winds on Thursday and 10-12 foot swells, especially at night. I slept like a baby! We didn't get to go to CC, but safety first. Commodore Tom got us far enough southeast to have a nice sea day on Friday, but the longer route (and some reported engine trouble) got us back to port a few hours late. I had to change my flight home, but it all worked out. That's the risk I took when choosing to sail during hurricane season. The odds have been with me, so I'm caulking this last cruise up to an adventure!

Could you post the link to the you tube video?

Go to YouTube and search for Disney Fantasy Hurricane. You'll see several from Hurricane Sandy in 2012 and a few from Hurricane Joaquin last week.

I was on the Sept 26 - Oct 3 Fantasy cruise. It was mostly great. There was a little rain and some high winds on Thursday and 10-12 foot swells, especially at night. I slept like a baby! We didn't get to go to CC, but safety first. Commodore Tom got us far enough southeast to have a nice sea day on Friday, but the longer route (and some reported engine trouble) got us back to port a few hours late. I had to change my flight home, but it all worked out. That's the risk I took when choosing to sail during hurricane season. The odds have been with me, so I'm caulking this last cruise up to an adventure!

Glad to see you took the right attitude when it came to all the things that went wrong with your cruise. Did you have to pay for the change in flight time? Did you see or hear of any incidents involving unhappy passengers? Don't people take into consideration the risk when you book a cruise during hurricane season?

Glad to see you took the right attitude when it came to all the things that went wrong with your cruise. Did you have to pay for the change in flight time? Did you see or hear of any incidents involving unhappy passengers? Don't people take into consideration the risk when you book a cruise during hurricane season?

I don't think a lot of first time cruisers, or those that have a lackadaisical attitude to life take delays into consideration. They just expect everything to be as planned and if not then someone must be to blame. Then they start pointing fingers.

First time cruisers who expect that every shore excursion, and onboard tea activity will be available spring to mind.... ;)

And they mention how much they spent. And hope DCL choke on their money. Which really when you consider the size of even the Magic or Wonder, let alone the Dream or Fantasy, is small potatoes in the overall running costs and profits, but not an amount that they would like to see disappear. But we all know that DCL could resell that vacation for most likely 20-40% more depending on the sailing.

The age of considering factors and not blaming everyone else for everything not being 110% perfect and beyond amazing, and not suing if something is only 99% perfect is here unfortunately. That alone with common sense and self responsibility.

Sad times.

But also fair game to point out how ridiculous and preposterous some expectations are, and to remind them that self reliance, making sure you are educated and knowledgeable before purchasing high value, non refundable (in monetary and emotional terms) vacations for special occasions, and that you are not buying a brochure or marketing video vacation.

ex techie

Thank you for your compliment. Since I had booked our flights using reward miles, I was not charged for the change, but it would have been $215 pp otherwise.

Guest Services called ME and said they noticed that I had an early flight and did I want assistance in changing it. They placed a ship to shore call for me - at no charge - connecting me directly to the airline. Amazing service!

This was my third cruise during the same week in Sept. As the singer Meatloaf says, "two out of three ain't bad."

Thank you for your compliment. Since I had booked our flights using reward miles, I was not charged for the change, but it would have been $215 pp otherwise.

Guest Services called ME and said they noticed that I had an early flight and did I want assistance in changing it. They placed a ship to shore call for me - at no charge - connecting me directly to the airline. Amazing service!

This was my third cruise during the same week in Sept. As the singer Meatloaf says, "two out of three ain't bad."

Do you think disney would have picked up the cost of the airline change (if you were charged)? It would have been a nice gesture, however quite costly if they did it for everyone.

My wife and I took a 12 day Mediterranean cruise for our honeymoon. One of the 9 stops was scheduled to be Santorini. Forget the other ports, she wanted to go to Santorini. On the day we were supposed to stop there, we woke around 6 am and observed we were quite far offshore. We at breakfast and noticed we were not getting closer. Around 8 am, the captain announced that due to wind and sea conditions, we could not make the port (a tender port). Extremely disappointed, to this day we make a joke about how we never got to Santorini, and one day, need to take another cruise there