Fly cruise - meals on the plane

janieb1962

Hi fellow cruisers,

Just wondering if anyone has done fly cruise Manchester to Genoa .

Just wondering if they provide any meals and drinks (tea & coffee ) on the flight. It's an early one at 6 am, so wondering if I need to take something with me or not

Thanks in advance

Jane

Hello - we are flying Birmingham to Genoa with Thomson. No meals i'm afraid. However, I believe they sell snacks, tea and coffee etc. We usually buy a Boots meal deal at the airport (sandwich, fruit and drink) and take it on the plane if we don't have time for breakfast at the airport.

Hello - we are flying Birmingham to Genoa with Thomson. No meals i'm afraid. However, I believe they sell snacks, tea and coffee etc. We usually buy a Boots meal deal at the airport (sandwich, fruit and drink) and take it on the plane if we don't have time for breakfast at the airport.

Thanks , sounds like a good plan

Hello Jansen, we are on the same flight!!!

Just thought of my own questions...

Does anyone know how long the flight is from Manchester to Genoa??

Also, if we land at 9:10 am are we taken straight to the ship? From what time can we board? Will we be able to get lunch on the ship?

Cheers

Also, if we land at 9:10 am are we taken straight to the ship? From what time can we board? Will we be able to get lunch on the ship?

Cheers

If the flight leaves at 6 and arrives at 9.10 local thats 2 hours 10 min.

Edited by Thejuggler

Cheers

Straight to the ship and you can board once through check-in

Yes, lunch is available as a considerable number of passengers will be doing a 14 night cruise and are half way through :)

Another follow on question ,how long does it usually take for luggage to arrive on board ? We've only done Caribbean previously and have found we had to go for dinner dressed in our travelling attire . Always feel under dressed when other diners on board are in middle of cruise or not disembarking until next day . So wondering if I need to pack evening clothes in hand luggage

Any advise very welcome 😄[

Another follow on question ,how long does it usually take for luggage to arrive on board ? We've only done Caribbean previously and have found we had to go for dinner dressed in our travelling attire . Always feel under dressed when other diners on board are in middle of cruise or not disembarking until next day . So wondering if I need to pack evening clothes in hand luggage

Any advise very welcome [

Hi, we've just returned from a med cruise from Manchester to Venice. We were really impressed with the whole way that our luggage was organised. We arrived on the ship by noon (others from Manchester had been there much earlier than this). Our cabin was ready.

From what I remember we went in to Venice and by the time we came back the luggage was there ---- I think it was about 3.45pm at the latest. We saw a lot of luggage being delivered when we boarded at noon as well. :)