Upgrade ?

Judewri

Very disappointed with recent " upgrade " which we feel is a downgrade. Have emailed ceo office and had no response !!! Anything else I can do ? Frustrated .

emailed CEO ?

Why, have you not received a satisfactory answer from CS ?

What is the issue that you are having, and what is your definition of the word "Upgrade".

Did you pay for the upgrade or was it complimentary ?

more detail please.

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn needs answers before making further comments

You have to be careful if you don't select the 'no upgrade' option. There are reports that people have been 'upgraded' from a fore or aft cabin to a midships one only to find that the 'upgrade' was a cabin near to the engine exhaust uptakes which generate noise etc, especially when the ship is moving :eek:

Very disappointed with recent " upgrade " which we feel is a downgrade. Have emailed ceo office and had no response !!! Anything else I can do ? Frustrated .

What sort of fare did pay..select..early saver or saver.

If you booked the later then nothing you can do.

If you paid the former, and did not tick the no upgrade box, or say no upgrade at the time of booking, then you may be unlucky.

As others have said a bit more info would be helpful.

Was it fore/aft to midships. lower to higher deck or what.

If you emailed the CEO with something like this ,he will have passed it on to customer services, and they have a 21 day turnaround on emails. So you will get an answer , maybe not as quick as you would like.

We had this happen to us on the Ventura in 2013. We had booked 18 months before the cruise.

We had been on the Azura the year before and had loved our aft cabin. It was the very end cabin on c deck and we absolutely loved it. My Husband chose the same cabin again on the Ventura as we had loved it so much.

A few weeks before travelling we get an email giving us an 'upgrade'. I initially was fuming. Couldn't work out why a cabin 6 doors down was termed an 'upgrade'. Now I know what everyone says about midships etc but I disagree with that being an upgrade as I like the back of the ship and I don't think it makes one bit of difference if the ship is rocking and rolling.

We were going to complain and then in the grand scheme of things decided it didn't really matter and didn't let it spoil our cruise.

The cabin was exactly the same. Lesson learned though about ticking the box.

Lesson learned though about ticking the box.

Still no feed back from the OP.

maybe they were just letting off steam, on this forum, and have now taken medication and feel better. Which can only be a good thing.

Its understandable in this case, if the person is not feeling well.

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn is kind and caring

You have to be careful if you don't select the 'no upgrade' option. There are reports that people have been 'upgraded' from a fore or aft cabin to a midships one only to find that the 'upgrade' was a cabin near to the engine exhaust uptakes which generate noise etc, especially when the ship is moving :eek:

This was exactly what we got as an upgrade. Noise went on all through the night every night, some upgrade!!!!:(:(