Large cruise ships, smallish theatres

Moonraker7

Just a thought but as there is invariably not enough room in the theatres for some of the shows on p & o, for the ships that have them, why not use the big screens that they have? It would still be live but would free up space. Admittedly you wouldn't be in the theatre watching it in front of you but you'd still watch it live. I know I missed a couple of shows on Azura last year as there weren't any seats left. On lovely balmy evenings it'd be nice to be sat under the stars with a cocktail and watch the shows. Controversial comment, but better than football matches all the time :-)

I recall a very good ventriloquist on a Princess cruise one year where both performances of his first show were totally packed with lots of people wanting to see him just could not get in. The cruise director rescheduled stuff for his second show later in the week and they filmed the theatre performance and streamed it live in the back show lounge.

Regards John

What happens for those that dont want to watch the theatre show and go to lounge to see something else and they show theatre show on a screen. It happened to us on Oriana we didnt want to see theatre show so we went to show lounge at a the aft of the ship and there was only a handful in there watching the same show on a screen. We were very disappointed and thought it was another way for the cruise line to save money and cut back on booking entertainers.

In my very limited experience they don't seem to tend to put anything else on when main shows are on. I might be wrong but they didn't on cruise I was on last year. Lots of disappointed people when they couldn't get in to show.

If the ship has a theatre and show lounge them we should expect 56 performances on a 14 night cruise. With larger ships and 3 venues it is 84 performances.

I believe they cut down on the acts to save money. The idiot punters will of course continue to stampede from one end of the ship to the other between shows.