Brittania sindu

brammers

Hi, can anybody tell me if the sitting times in Sindhu are only 6.30pm and 9pm as it will only allow to book these times on cruise personaliser? or can you book different times when on board? Does it get booked up rapidly? Is it really necessary to book prior to departure? Thanks in advance.:)

Hi, can anybody tell me if the sitting times in Sindhu are only 6.30pm and 9pm as it will only allow to book these times on cruise personaliser? or can you book different times when on board? Does it get booked up rapidly? Is it really necessary to book prior to departure? Thanks in advance.:)

The booking times are every 15 minutes. They are not set up for two sittings. I would assume therefore that the restaurant is full in the middle times.

Sindhu was quite quiet on our cruise early on. You can book when you board and get a preferred time if you don't like the times on line. You can eat at lunch too but they won't let you sit in the restaurant part you have to eat at the little tables which was crazy!

Here are some pictures of the food in the evening.

Britannia109-M.jpg

Britannia111-M.jpg

Britannia110-M.jpg

Britannia107-M.jpg

They never give the appearance they are full because they stagger the bookings so always look like there are empty tables. If you go in and have a meal it can take over 1.5hrs so some book at all times varying from 6-30 until 9 or after.

It was fairly full when we ate there on a day Atul Kochar was on board, but he never appeared in the Restaurant, although he did make it to his book signing event.

I thought Sindhu food on Azura back in 2011 was too bland for me but decided to give it a second chance, unfortunately with the same result.

In future I think I will stick to supermarket ready indian meals and treat myself to Akbars in Bradford as an occasional treat.

If you palate is for supermarket ready Indian meals then I am afraid that Sindhu is out of your depth. Fresh food superbly cooked is no comparison to a cheaply made very little meat content Indian meal served in a plastic tray if that is the standard you aspire too.

Thanks for that Tom, but my little tray of Waitrose Jalfrezi on Saturday was chock full of chicken, far more meat that any Sindhu main course.

As for my palate being out of it's depth, I should have added to my earlier post that every single main course I had in the MDR was, IMO, far superior to my Sindhu meal, and the presentation was equally attractive and appealing, the only difference was that the MDR meals also tasted delicious. Surely taste is what top class cuisine is supposed to provide, not just a pretty picture on a plate, and a fairly small one at that.