Shall I book or wait???

tamora

Hi everyone sorry if this has been asked before I have been looking at an cruise on Ventura to the Canaries in August. Now do go ahead and book now or do you think it will be reduced nearer the time? Anyone waited before and got a great bargain? :confused:

August is a popular time (school holidays) so you have to weigh up how long you want to leave it before booking. Ventura (lovely ship) has a lot of cabins to fill so prices will go down if they have capacity. Bear in mind that the cheapest prices tend to be late saver so you take pot luck with cabin location. Saying that, we've twice had forward balcony cabins and loved them. I think inside cabins sell quicker so if you want one of those, I wouldn't leave it too long. If you need a family cabin then don't wait, book one. At the end of the day none of us have a crystal ball - it's a guessing game. Look at the travel agent web sites for prices. That one named after the French for "have a good trip", I find very good price-wise. Good luck!

Hi everyone sorry if this has been asked before I have been looking at an cruise on Ventura to the Canaries in August. Now do go ahead and book now or do you think it will be reduced nearer the time? Anyone waited before and got a great bargain? :confused:

As has been said depends what sort of cabin you want.

There are usually late saver deals around, but with that you can only say what type of cabin you want..inside/outside/balcony etc, and have no say in position. I would say these are the ones that no one else wants , but people have posted in the past that they have had ok ones.

Dining, you will probably get freedom, but again no choise.

If you just want a cheap cruise and none of the above is important, then hang on for the cheaper deals (approx. 90 day prior to sailing) .

If you are a couple wait as final balances are due 90 days before sailing and there may be cancellations and price drops but if you are a family you need to book ASAP as kids clubs get full and 4 berth cabins are booked up well in advance.:eek:

It is always a bit of a risk waiting and hoping the price will drop. School holidays tend to make prices hold a little better and not drop as much. If you are not fussy about being within school holidays there a few Canaries alternatives to fall back on. If you must sail within the school holidays period then if it were me I should be looking at Caribbean Princess 15 August 2015 which is almost identical price to Ventura Canaries. It does however go to the Mediterranean but it is two days longer at 14 instead of 12 days, insides are £50 cheaper and Balconies are £100 dearer. Again at least another fall back option.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

We booked our cruise on Britannia for this Summer last March and the price has been good since --- it is still £1000 more than what we paid last year. As it is a late July / August cruise we booked early to get the cabin we want.

Our first cruise was on Oceana and we got a late deal at the end of May --- it was just over £3000 for a balcony cabin. No OBC though.

At the end of the day I suppose it depends on how you look at your cabin. We always know the cabin we want as we spend a lot of time in there relaxing and chilling out. If you aren't that bothered I suppose a late guarantee cabin would be ok. My cruise Hell would be a cruise where I had a cabin I hated and was forced to be outside of it all of the time - especially on sea days when I had nowhere nice to retreat to.

Am not sure if this is helpful ??!!!

Thank you everyone I guess I have to brave either way lol I have to book in school holidays I work in a school. I will wait until the 9th May that's approx. 90 days before sail time and see if its gone down,......just have to keep my nerve ha ha ha.

I did look at the Princess cruise John but prefer the Canaries but something to fall back on if its not booked up ha ha ;)

Thank you everyone I guess I have to brave either way lol I have to book in school holidays I work in a school. I will wait until the 9th May that's approx. 90 days before sail time and see if its gone down,......just have to keep my nerve ha ha ha.

I did look at the Princess cruise John but prefer the Canaries but something to fall back on if its not booked up ha ha ;)

Good luck:)