Britannia Reviews

forest_

So just read a few, lots of negative as one would expect from such a new ship with limited positive again it, seems to be the same when ever a new ship comes out.

As a long time cruiser 1st cruise back in 1980 my goodness people don't know they are born........... My 1st cruise with P&O was on the Canberra F deck outside cabin with covered porthole!! No carpet when you stepped out of the lift and water tight doors that closed when you entered port, one lady once said do people live down here!!

Now people moan about lack of stairs ............. wow makes me smile ships may not be as elegant today but boy do we have much better options on cruise ships these days. Having been on all P&O ships of the new generation it was the same when Arcadia was launched no atrium etc........... I loved that ship. So I shall keep my very open mind and chuckle at the reviews.... just happy to know that I will have carpet and a balcony on my next cruise!! :):)

thanks for reading

You know, cars are so much nicer now than back in the 1980's too. You can only reasonably judge something by what is also on offer elsewhere at the same time.

From what I have read, Britannia has far to many cabins for the relaxation/entertainment space available. People don't go on holiday to queue for everything or have to be at a venue ridiculously early in order to get a seat.

What amases me is the lack of research done by those passengers that moan about the lack of a prom' deck, central staircase, tiny balconies and somewhat limited seating in the main theatre.

If they had bothered to look at the passenger reviews of Britannia's sister ships (Royal & Regal Princess) over the last two years they would have been made fully aware before booking.

Having just returned from the med on the Britannia I cant understand the negative reviews. In fact I don't think we were on the same ship.It was like a huge floating hotel. Very modern in design,good food,excellent service but lots and lots of moaners!!

What amases me is the lack of research done by those passengers that moan about the lack of a prom' deck, central staircase, tiny balconies and somewhat limited seating in the main theatre.

If they had bothered to look at the passenger reviews of Britannia's sister ships (Royal & Regal Princess) over the last two years they would have been made fully aware before booking.

That's the point I was making on another thread ---- we chose our cabin after agonising for weeks and checking out details with our CC friends on the Princess Forum re the Royal Princess. We checked the interior design pictures, the layout, the size of our cabin (and balcony!) etc.

Some people just love to moan -------

PS Just incase you didn't know, I've heard a terrible rumour ---- Britannia is a big ship ;) :D:eek:

Having just returned from the med on the Britannia I cant understand the negative reviews. In fact I don't think we were on the same ship.It was like a huge floating hotel. Very modern in design,good food,excellent service but lots and lots of moaners!!
?

We've just come back from a wonderful week on Oceana in the Med. It was a perfect week for us. Nearly everyone we met appeared to want to moan though. Why? Who knows?

As a teenage girl my wife was fortunate to cruise with her mother and elder sister on both the Northern Star and the Ocean Monarch, on one of the ships they shared a cabin for four with another female passenger who was travelling on her own, the toilet and shower facilities were along the corridor from their cabin. They did however have morning tea delivered to the cabin.

How things have changed, I regard myself as being very fortunate that I can now enjoy my cruise holidays, despite having been on Azura and Ventura a number of times I look forward to every cruise I take. Due to reports of small balconies on The Britannia class of ships we have as yet not booked a cruise on her but the future beckons.

Happy cruising to you all.

?

We've just come back from a wonderful week on Oceana in the Med. It was a perfect week for us. Nearly everyone we met appeared to want to moan though. Why? Who knows?

Good to know I wont be alone on our July Britannia cruise (B515) out for a good time instead of looking for something to moan about.

I was beginning to wonder if I was right to give P&O another try after such a long absence.

Peter

I get really iritated by people moaning about the lack of a central staircase.

I've just had a look at the deck plans and it looks like the maximum distance to any of the sets of stairs is around 80 yards. If I suggested that a great restaurant, a swimming pool, a gym or a bar was within 80 yards of someone's house they would be delighted.

I appreciate that some people may have problems with walking, but if the rest of us were willing to take a bit of exercise, we could leave the central lifts virtually empty for the immobile.

Good post Espirit. I have read all reviews, good and bad and I just know that we will have a wonderful time on Britannia when we sail on her in June. Although we are very new to cruising, this being our fourth cruise, I have done my homework and picked out our cabin so that we can get around the ship without using the lifts and get fit in the meantime! As for people complaining about the balconies being so small, its our first time in a balcony cabin which is a massive bonus for us. We feel very privileged to be sailing on Britannia and will be steering clear of moaners.

I love P&O's smaller ships but I am happy to try the Britannia.

She has everything we want on board and she's going to a place we've never cruised to. If she doesn't suit us then its not because she is wrong or a bad ship, it's just a ship that's not for us.

A holiday on the high seas it nothing to moaned about, I'm just happy to be on holiday and having fun with like minded people.

That's just what we did last week.Left the lifts for those who needed them and used the stairs and there are lots of them!! Take a good pair of trainers they were really handy! I even shared a lift with someone so annoyed at the lift system he was flailing his stick about.After that it was the steps.We had freedom dining thank goodness so we could suit ourselves when we ate thus missing the 6.30 dive for the first sitting then the elbow pushing shuffle to the shows.

Hi Sapphire - we are on club dining, second seating. As much as I enjoy shows, we will not be rushing our meal just to get a seat in the theatre. If it's full, we will just go elsewhere - there is a solution to everything. Thanks for the trainer tip!

Good to know I wont be alone on our July Britannia cruise (B515) out for a good time instead of looking for something to moan about.

I was beginning to wonder if I was right to give P&O another try after such a long absence.

Peter

There will be a group of us having a great time whatever !!!

We tend to just get on with it whatever happens (stuff happens) ----- life's too short at the end of the day.

Just being on such a fabulous cruise / holiday is stuff that our late parents could only have dreamt about bless 'em :)

Looking forward to meeting you ---- we'll be the ones smiling and having a FANTASTIC time :):D ------------ but behaving appropriately of course in true P&O fashion :D

Edited by Presto2

If anyone moans to me onboard I just tell them I'm not in a position to moan as we were given £1000 onboard credit each due to the constructive criticism we gave on our previous cruise then walk away before a conversation can take place!

If anyone moans to me onboard I just tell them I'm not in a position to moan as we were given £1000 onboard credit each due to the constructive criticism we gave on our previous cruise then walk away before a conversation can take place!

Love it ---- will try that one :):D

Most new ships tend to receive more negative reviews initially, the same happened with Ventura and Azura. People loyal to P&O want to try their newest offering but find it isnt to their taste and other ships in the fleet suit their needs better. It takes a while for a ship to find its proper audience so that when a ship starts attracting those it suits best then the reviews improve.

At least where the same issues keep appearing in reviews this then helps inform others for whom those issues may be a deal breaker.

Don't forget the shared facilities on Canberra........now there was a joy!!!

Who could forget......... Remember the small stair case down to F Deck and the size of the lifts!!! Wow we would get some moans about the old girl today.

Thanks for all the replies some sensible comments from most.

And as always, views can help make your judgment and I guess if stairs are a key to your booking criteria who I am to question your judgment. :)

Lets hope people turn to love Britannia I shall wait until I am on board later this year..................

happy cruising

Just returned from cruising the Med on Btitannia and holiday was nearly ruined by all the moaning old people. Two passengers we came across even had A4 sheets of paper with their lists of complaints. Get a life, you got up this morning didn't you! We are nearly 70 and we used the stairs every day as I feel claustrophobic in lifts so a good way to work off the excellent food. Amazing staff, wonderful entertainment and great cabins and this from someone who only sails with Cunard but will definitely be going with P&O again. All credit to P&O the way the ship is run is amazing.

Well said chickadee. It was one long moan on Britannia. Its a new ship and perhaps not quite what they expected.Thats why we loved it! Am currently looking at next years brochures. Enjoy all the people who have booked.Lucky you.britannia

Well said Chicadee and I have to agree with forest I have cruised with P&O since 2005 and have never had a bad cruise, roll on January 2016 for Azura.

As the saying goes " you cannot please all the people all the time".

Happy and enjoyable cruising to all, we are fortunate that we can do so, there are others who can't .