Grandeur of the Seas Question

JOEZ

We are looking at booking an inside cabin towards the back of the ship on deck 8. Looks like there are stairs that go outside to go up to deck 9. Are those outdoor stairs? Is there room out there to stand to watch the water? Like when we are leaving port?

Any help you could provide would be great!

Thanks!

There is an aft deck on Deck 8 on the Grandeur that has lounge chairs. I am not sure if there are stairs from that deck up to Deck 9, but I think there are. In any event, you could definitely watch sailaway from there.

There is an aft deck on Deck 8 on the Grandeur that has lounge chairs. I am not sure if there are stairs from that deck up to Deck 9, but I think there are. In any event, you could definitely watch sailaway from there.
I don't beleive there is an open area on deck 8 with lounge chairs as these are all Jr. suites with balconies.

I don't beleive there is an open area on deck 8 with lounge chairs as these are all Jr. suites with balconies.

It looks like they are on the side of the ship on the back. Not on the back back. Did that make sense?

Yes, JOEZ, that does make sense because unless I am totally confused the "back back" as you call it is where the large open deck with lounge chairs was. Dh and I were exploring and came upon this deck by accident. For your sake, I hope my memory is correct!

Made me have to stop and think! Spent 2 weeks on the Grandeur end of November and thought I missed something! We were on Deck 8 and there is NO public area on the aft section (or front section). Those are all cabins with private balconies back there! Those stairs are inside the ship, not outside and as mentioned, they are for the crew, but you can probably use them to go upstairs to deck 9 where there are lounge chairs!

Made me have to stop and think! Spent 2 weeks on the Grandeur end of November and thought I missed something! We were on Deck 8 and there is NO public area on the aft section (or front section). Those are all cabins with private balconies back there! Those stairs are inside the ship, not outside and as mentioned, they are for the crew, but you can probably use them to go upstairs to deck 9 where there are lounge chairs!
Thanks, between your post and the great picture I feel better. I thought I was losing it as we have the aft cabin 8588, leaving on Sat the 29th. sure would have been surprised if it was public, LOL.

Hey, teajak, my sister and I were in that room in March.... you'll love the balcony! The handle on the balcony door is a little tricky... it's sorta loose, unless they fixed it! ;)

There actually is a staircase back there, but it's on the inside of the ship and it doesn't show on the deck plans. If you look at the deck plans, the staircase is on the starboard side of the ship, in the area between the inside cabins numbered 8577 and 8565. There was a door to the stairs that during our cruise was left open all the time. The stairs led up to the spa... right next to the spa welcome desk. My sister and I used it several times each day. It was a great shortcut to the spa, the solarium, or the SeaView cafe if you have a cabin at the aft of the ship. :)

Archived