Beef Wellington

burtie

Thanks everyone!!

I think Beef wellington is an aquired taste. I love it and my spouse hates it. Spouse loves lobster tail and I don't like it, so it works out great. We order both and trade, so we both get two orders of the main dish.

Burtie

On the Ruby earlier this year, the second formal night was the Chef's Dinner menu (if I did that cruise again I think that would be the night to hit the Crown Grill,) then the Beef Wellington\Lobster Tail menu was the night after that, same as reported above. It may just be a matter of my less-than-refined tastes, but I thought the Beef Wellington tasted a lot like the roast beef at Arby's.

On the Ruby earlier this year, the second formal night was the Chef's Dinner menu (if I did that cruise again I think that would be the night to hit the Crown Grill,) then the Beef Wellington\Lobster Tail menu was the night after that, same as reported above. It may just be a matter of my less-than-refined tastes, but I thought the Beef Wellington tasted a lot like the roast beef at Arby's.

I found the beef part of it great but the pastry to me was too chewy and doughy..I always the Wellington part should be more flaky but heh, I never cook it so what do I know! :eek:

I avoided it the last two cruises and chose something else.

My dh had it last thursday on the Golden. He said it wouldn't be something he would order again. My sister said the same thing.

I agree. I tried it 2 years ago and didn't care for it. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I do not eat seafood...I love steak, prime rib, etc.

I was surprised I couldn't get past first bite of the beef itself...so it may just be an aberration...but suffice it to say..I had plenty other choices & replaced it..easily...

I recently sailed Carnival and heard negative and positive about a certain few dishes...I tried them anyway....and was pretty happy....so...although I hated my b Wellington...your mileage may vary..:)

Bernadette

Archived