Review QM2 Eastbound 17th May 2016 DISEMBARK

DadTheBigKid

This is it, its over!

We had chosen to express self dis-embark and were queuing in the grand lobby just after 7.00am. After 15 minutes we were moving and 10 minutes later we were in a taxi to the train station. We were actually home by 11.30am!

So in summary and with certain topics from the threads in mind

We loved the dressing up and surroundings and it was the main reason my wife was keen to choose Cunard. However the odd drifting away from dress code did not affect us and we were focused on enjoying our time onboard this wonderful ship.

All the staff were great and if you smiled and chatted you found out that many staff have a great sense of humour.

As mentioned earlier it is a magical mix of feeling busy and relaxed at the same time.

We would do this again and would recommend plenty of research for new cruisers / crossers as it is an amazing experience and for us is so different for anything we have done before so we never felt out of place or "all at sea". In a strange way though the research initially allowed me few time's to go "Wow" but I think this on balance was better than feeling lost or out of place.

All the people we met were fantastic, American, Canadian, New Zealand and UK. If you smile invariably its returned and if you say hello it is always returned. The quizzes we loved and allowed us many opportunities to chat to others.

Silly Bowling and deck quoits were fantastic fun and we met a different crowd.

We met people who said they were a bit bored by the end of the crossing, I accept other peoples opinions but there was no way we felt the same luckily.

Enjoy, get involved and DO NOT BE SCARED OR FEEL INFERIOR. It really is a holiday for all sorts in our opinion.

Thank You.

dis-embark.jpg.7785e9be9a2cd3870ac3f8cc8e5f19d4.jpg

Such a great review. Looks like you had a ball. It's really fired me up for our September sailing out of New York. We last sailed QM2 in 2008 and I'm very excited about going back. This time I have three little ones in tow. Only one last time. Anyway thanks for taking the time to post.

Such a great review. Looks like you had a ball. It's really fired me up for our September sailing out of New York. We last sailed QM2 in 2008 and I'm very excited about going back. This time I have three little ones in tow. Only one last time. Anyway thanks for taking the time to post.

Thank your and your welcome.

I am sure you'll have a great time. So much or so little to do as you wish 😀.

Enjoy and Bon voyage

Thank you for your reports from your crossing; so pleased to read about the wonderful time you had on board QM2. She clearly worked her magic on you both.

I hope that trip was just the first of many; it would be a pleasure to buy you both a martini in the Commodore Club one day, if we find we're on the same crossing.

Thanks again, best wishes and happy sailings for the future :)

Thank you for your reports from your crossing; so pleased to read about the wonderful time you had on board QM2. She clearly worked her magic on you both.

I hope that trip was just the first of many; it would be a pleasure to buy you both a martini in the Commodore Club one day, if we find we're on the same crossing.

Thanks again, best wishes and happy sailings for the future :)

Thank you .

That would be lovely to share a drink looking out as we glide across the ocean 😀

Hi there.

Just browsed your voyage and could have been there with you.

Good also to see the photographs. Well done and so pleased you made the most of what is my favourite iconic journey.

There is only one way to cross the Atlantic.

10905620626_4431cc532a_z.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to post here as well as the official review section.

Have you decided where to go for your next Cunard experience ?!

Hi Hattie

Next Cunard? We are not sure.

Reality is we have to find a family get together over a weekend in September for our Anniversary. also in August 2017 we have paid for a villa on Portugal for our kids and their partners . I am sure we will be paying for some food as well!

I have to admit Cathy is the organising force for all this so probably the next 18 months are budgeted for as such.

So 2018 October is Cathys 50th and amongst considerations are a sun cruise, Fjords or Transatlantic again sometime in that year.

Hmmmmmmm. 😀

Hi there.

Just browsed your voyage and could have been there with you.

Good also to see the photographs. Well done and so pleased you made the most of what is my favourite iconic journey.

There is only one way to cross the Atlantic.

10905620626_4431cc532a_z.jpg

I'm glad it created some sort of picture and it was a fantastic holiday of pure indulgence and pleasure.

So spoilt and so glad we did it!

Glad you had such a good time. Now it's time to do it again! We are crossing in just 3 weeks and I am very much looking forward to it. Cheers!

Well I am now envious of you 😉

If your in Brittania you may meet our American couple from our table who are staying in Europe and getting the first QM2 return !

Say hi to Hugh and Caroline for us!

Well I am now envious of you 😉

If your in Brittania you may meet our American couple from our table who are staying in Europe and getting the first QM2 return !

Say hi to Hugh and Caroline for us!

I will look out for them. Welcome home!