Review QM2 Eastbound 17th May 2016 DAY ONE

DadTheBigKid

I have left off the review of New York which will be on our blog if required. As I am new to this I will post each day as its own thread and I hope with pictures will be easier viewing.

Tuesday May 17th 2016

We boarded the QM2 in Brooklyn very quickly. Our embarkation was 3pm and we arrived 14.50. Within 10 -15 minutes we had filled out our health questionnaire , gone through security and given our credit card details to receive our room card.

We went straight our stateroom 5141 which had a sheltered balcony. It was just as we had hoped and we had a box of chocolates and champagne as part of our Bon Voyage Package.

"Two small niggles to mention now as all else went perfectly, our room steward was not sure how we ensured we got our champagne with our breakfast the following morning for our Anniversary and obviously nor did we so we went to the pursers office and it was much clearer. We also had some trouble with leaving our champagne in the Britannia restaurant as it took 30 minutes to find it."

Our bags arrived about 45 minutes after we did.

Went on deck for going under the Verrazano bridge with a glass of champagne. We knew the cost of the champagne but it was fantastic to see the mast and funnel just clear the bridge with a glass and this was a great start to our voyage.

Back to room for changing and then a drink in the Chart bar and our first cocktails.

Went for our first evening meal which was informal at 8.30pm in the Britannia restaurant lower level (table 56) for 8 by the window.

Our co-diners were a group of 4 new Cunarder's from the Midlands UK and an experienced Cunard couple from South Carolina ( formerly New York).

Throughout the trip they were great company and this was a lovely meal. Each evening we never left the table before 10.30!

We retired after dinner and arranged for our champagne breakfast in bed on Wednesday for our anniversary . It was lovely to have the next day's itennary in our room and this was a lovely routine to go through before bed.

We also enjoyed watching the morning show from the Entertainment Director every morning while dressing.

room1.jpg.2da89ae973f9ddc76b721845a289e3a9.jpg

balcony1.jpg.d1f3d0a3926f4f11c5cef606b87f1b4e.jpg

champagne.jpg.4e6a3d515023694087986c8c57b7b887.jpg