Review QM2 Eastbound 17th May 2016 Day 8

DadTheBigKid

This was our last full day on board.

Started slowly and made our way to the head chefs version of "come dine with me" feeding Fidelis Morgan and Celia Imre in the Royal Court theatre. Good fun and the head chefs being Yorkshire twins had a great calmness and sense of humour.

Then we had a walk on the promenade and breakfast in the Kings Court. Then to the Spa again which was lovely and after we watched the chiming of 8 bells at noon. The ticking of the final box was sitting in the hot tub on deck 8 , gazing out to sea with the ships wake and horizon on a nice clear day. The hot tub was great but I can safely say that the Pavilion pool was very , very cold and I only did two lengths. Brrrrrrr!

It was then time to organise our prize for winning three stamps during the crossing for silly bowling and deck quoits , we will be proud owners of a Cunard pencil and USB stick.

Back to our stateroom for the sad task of starting to pack and treated ourselves to lunch in our stateroom while carrying out this harrowing task.

We then took part at 16.00 in another trivia quiz and afterwards watched our first film in the Illuminations which was The Intern, an absolutely fantastic film with Robert De Niro and Anne Hathaway.

Time to change for our last evening which was informal.

We teamed up with a French Canadian lady for our last quiz in the Golden Lion Pub and then met our dinner companions for our last meal together which was lovely and as usual took 2 hours to finish ! Great conversation.

In bed by 22.55 and ready for express self embarkation around 7.30am.

** below one picture is from last nights Cunard Singers " Broadway Rocks **

2039746427_broadwayrocks.jpg.9181ffe1ed6e1cb948ffb7f008219b15.jpg

1167755674_QM2bell.jpg.440c689eed7038dd0cce1ea21781e0f3.jpg

1595461392_uslastdinner.jpg.8d30ef4b771a1cf763db951a592c0c20.jpg

Thanks for a wonderful travelogue. We are embarking on our first Cunard trip on the QM2 (westward bound) in August and are so looking forward to having 8 sea days to come home after being away for a month. You have made the anticipation even more real. Congratulations, too, on your anniversary. What a special way to celebrate.

Thanks for a wonderful travelogue. We are embarking on our first Cunard trip on the QM2 (westward bound) in August and are so looking forward to having 8 sea days to come home after being away for a month. You have made the anticipation even more real. Congratulations, too, on your anniversary. What a special way to celebrate.

Thank you, I envy you a trip on this special ship.

On your previous cruises do you think you've been on a similar ship?

We have done several transatlantics which we love as we love sea days and find them to be very relaxing, doing as much or little as you wish.

I think the closest experience would be our first cruise on the SS Norway which was the old SSFrance. My grandmother sailed on this ship in the 70's on her trip to Europe and back so it was a special trip for me. All our other cruises have been on "cruise" ships.

My DH loves jazz and this QM trip will feature Herbie Hancock and other musicians which should be fun. I'm not sure if this will be a different kind of experience not typical of a "regular" crossing or not.

We have done several transatlantics which we love as we love sea days and find them to be very relaxing, doing as much or little as you wish.

I think the closest experience would be our first cruise on the SS Norway which was the old SSFrance. My grandmother sailed on this ship in the 70's on her trip to Europe and back so it was a special trip for me. All our other cruises have been on "cruise" ships.

My DH loves jazz and this QM trip will feature Herbie Hancock and other musicians which should be fun. I'm not sure if this will be a different kind of experience not typical of a "regular" crossing or not.

Well have a great time, look forward to hearing about it