My Upsell Offers for Getaway

Sorry for saying the "U" word... Just putting this out there for anyone curious what is being offered. We are on the May 22nd sailing on the Getaway, booked in a mid ship mini suite for $1219 PP.

Called 4/25 and was offered H4 for $1,500, H5 for $1,000, H7 for $1,000, and H9 for $750.

I called again today and was offered H4 for $1,250(-$250), H5 for $1,000, and H9 for $750.

The H9 is really tempting, and they would probably take less for it. However we are traveling with friends and they aren't in a mini suite or above and NCL won't offer them anything. We have cabins very close to each other right now and this trip is more about spending time with them, not my wife and I spoiling ourselves and ditching them. Looks like I'll just be getting the spa passes, we sure loved it in there on our last Getaway cruise.

However we are traveling with friends and they aren't in a mini suite or above and NCL won't offer them anything.

Are you saying that you must book a minisuite or higher in order to upsell to Haven? Or are you saying that you have to book a minisuite or higher to be offered ANY upsell (meaning you can't upsell from say, an oceanview to a balcony or minisuite)?

Not sure what your friends are booked in but for what its worth I'm 13 days out and booked in a balcony guarantee (still not assigned) and was offered a Haven (H7) upsell today for $750pp - I didn't take it as I don't want to be in Haven I was hoping for a spa balcony or aft facing balcony upsell which they don't have at this time. So you don't have to be in a mini or above to get offers or even offers for the Haven.

Edited by DaniJo

NCL has told me both times on the phone that the upsells into the Haven are only offered to mini suites and higher....

Our other room is an inside(mid ship, next to our mini). I really would like to just upsell both rooms to spa minis or even balconies, but both representatives I've spoken to tell me they only offer Haven rooms.

Am I just getting bad information?

NCL has told me both times on the phone that the upsells into the Haven are only offered to mini suites and higher....

Our other room is an inside(mid ship, next to our mini). I really would like to just upsell both rooms to spa minis or even balconies, but both representatives I've spoken to tell me they only offer Haven rooms.

It definitely wouldn't be the first time representatives had wrong information. I have seen a few balcony to haven upsells on my roll call so its definitely possible but I think may be more likely closer to sailing - and my offer was this morning through the upsell dept phone number. Inside to Haven I'm not sure about. Edit: I have also definitely read about upsells to rooms other than Haven.

Edited by DaniJo

It definitely wouldn't be the first time representatives had wrong information. I have seen a few balcony to haven upsells on my roll call so its definitely possible but I think may be more likely closer to sailing - and my offer was this morning through the upsell dept phone number.

Thanks! We are 20 days out, so we're right in the sweet spot of offers and Haven selling out. When I did mock bookings this morning only the two bedroom showed available, everything else said sold out(but then I still got the offers). I'll wait until later this week or early next week and try again to see if I can get anything for both our rooms.

They have given you misinformation. I'm on the same sailing as DaniJo, and originally had an Aft facing balcony (not suite), and got an Upsell offer for Haven Spa Suite...took it.

As far as an upsell from an inside to a balcony, I'm pretty sure it can be done. There was a price drop on my first cruise with NCL, and I had an interior room...the price dropped, and they upgraded me to a balcony since we were past final payment.

Upsells and upgrades are two different things though, according to NCL. You can always upgrade and either pay the difference or they'll bump you if the price drops...Upsells usually give you the highest end cabins for a discounted price (from my history, anyway).

Try calling both the customer service number as well as the Upsell department. You never know!

Definitely wrong! We sail May 8th in a B1 aft balcony and we received 2 upsell emails to Haven starting 4 weeks prior to sailing. Turned down both offers.

Sorry for saying the "U" word... Just putting this out there for anyone curious what is being offered. We are on the May 22nd sailing on the Getaway, booked in a mid ship mini suite for $1219 PP.

Called 4/25 and was offered H4 for $1,500, H5 for $1,000, H7 for $1,000, and H9 for $750.

I called again today and was offered H4 for $1,250(-$250), H5 for $1,000, and H9 for $750.

The H9 is really tempting, and they would probably take less for it. However we are traveling with friends and they aren't in a mini suite or above and NCL won't offer them anything. We have cabins very close to each other right now and this trip is more about spending time with them, not my wife and I spoiling ourselves and ditching them. Looks like I'll just be getting the spa passes, we sure loved it in there on our last Getaway cruise.

Are these numbers PP or total?

I've had two upsells one initiated by NCL and one by me and both times they were haven or suites from balconies, one a spa balcony to a Haven Spa Suite and one Penthouse Suite from a large balcony.

My next two bookings with NCL are in a Spa Balcony and a large mini-suite balcony at the bump out. If there are reasonable offers to upgrade without messing with my latitude points I would do it again.

That's just not true. I recently grabbed an upsell on the May 29 sailing of the Breakaway to an H9 from a STUDIO. 1200 PP. :)

I am on the May 22nd sailing as well, booked in a balcony but I have received 2 email offers of Haven upsells. Unfortunately, the only one that will accommodate the four of us is the 2 bedroom and I don't want to pay the extra $2500. I asked today about upselling to the large balcony cabins, as when I checked there were still a lot of them open, but was told they were not offering those yet.

We're going to be in a Haven family villa on deck 15 of the Getaway. Should I try to be moved to deck 16 or will 15 be okay? First cruise! I have no idea what I'm doing! Thanks for any advice. I don't think I can upgrade because we want the two full bathrooms but that too could be wrong.

That's just not true. I recently grabbed an upsell on the May 29 sailing of the Breakaway to an H9 from a STUDIO. 1200 PP. :)

I was just told AGAIN that only our mini suite could upsell, they cannot combine the reservations(they told me to call the reservations number to try, but I might get stuck with a cancellation fee on the dropped cabin), and that rooms under mini suite level are not offered upsells until 3 days prior and she said it is NEVER into the Haven..... Sure.....:confused:

I was just told AGAIN that only our mini suite could upsell, they cannot combine the reservations(they told me to call the reservations number to try, but I might get stuck with a cancellation fee on the dropped cabin), and that rooms under mini suite level are not offered upsells until 3 days prior and she said it is NEVER into the Haven..... Sure.....:confused:

Were you told this by someone at the UPSELL phone number? I am on the DAWN (no haven), went from a balcony to a family suite with balcony then did another upsell to the DOS.

Were you told this by someone at the UPSELL phone number? I am on the DAWN (no haven), went from a balcony to a family suite with balcony then did another upsell to the DOS.

Yes, it is the upsell number. I have gotten offers for the one room but not the other.

Yes, it is the upsell number. I have gotten offers for the one room but not the other.

I think that may have happened with some of the people that wanted to UPSELL on our cruise, they were able to upsell one week out. Sorry, I thought you were all in the same category.

I think that may have happened with some of the people that wanted to UPSELL on our cruise, they were able to upsell one week out. Sorry, I thought you were all in the same category.

Something is weird someplace, but I swear I got the upsell 31 days out. I called in, told them my reservation number, and asked upsell rep and she came back and told me she had an H9 (I asked about the H9) and I took it. Easy peezy, lemon squeezy.:rolleyes: when I called there were 14 H9's unbooked, I think they are down to 9 or 10 now. Maybe it's just because they had so many open cabins? :confused:

I can confirm as well this is incorrect. I'm on the May 8 sailing of the Getaway and had originally booked a guaranteed oceanview. Received our first upsell offer on April 4th. H7, H6 or H5 for $750pp, H9 for $500pp. We ended up taking the H9 on April 14th for $500pp CANADIAN which works out to somewhere around $390 USD.

Definitely incorrect. I have a client sailing on the Escape this week in a balcony, category BB. She received about 6 emails in the month prior to sailing to upgrade to a Haven.

Agreed -- I was also about 31 - 32 days out when I got an email offer from an Aft facing balcony to the Haven. Maybe it's "selective" but either way, it has happened.

Something is weird someplace, but I swear I got the upsell 31 days out. I called in, told them my reservation number, and asked upsell rep and she came back and told me she had an H9 (I asked about the H9) and I took it. Easy peezy, lemon squeezy.:rolleyes: when I called there were 14 H9's unbooked, I think they are down to 9 or 10 now. Maybe it's just because they had so many open cabins? :confused:

I can confirm as well this is incorrect. I'm on the May 8 sailing of the Getaway and had originally booked a guaranteed oceanview. Received our first upsell offer on April 4th. H7, H6 or H5 for $750pp, H9 for $500pp. We ended up taking the H9 on April 14th for $500pp CANADIAN which works out to somewhere around $390 USD.

That must have been amazing. I would immediately upsell all 4 of us into two H9s for the price.

Well they must have been upselling like crazy the last 2 days, there are now only 2 H9's and the two bedroom haven available online.

Now I'm hoping for a chance to get into spa mini's. I will have to save the Haven experience for our next cruise when it is just my wife and I. (now I have more reason to book another one soon!):D

Is this some kind of strategy you folks play? Buy a lower tier room in the hopes of paying more for an upgrade later - with the gamble that the upgrade will be less than the on-line rate?

Y'all take those upsells. That'll leave our (as yet to be assigned) balcony room eligible for better assignment.