Bring wine onboard

bobnjeff

The official answer is 1 per person but I'm not aware of anyone having any issues taking more.

There is a $20 corkage fee if you want to drink it outside your cabin.

Depends on where you look.

It also states 2 bottles per person, and:

"We reserve the right to remove alcohol at the gangway if brought on board, either at embarkation or when in a port of call and will be returned to you at the end of your cruise. It is not our intention to invoke this policy as a matter of course and we will only implement on occasions where we consider it likely that the health, comfort, safety and enjoyment of passengers may otherwise be compromised. "

In other words, as long as you don't turn up stocious, you'll be fine with whatever you want.

We always take at least 6 bottles of the Widow and never had any problems.

Stewart

We've had no trouble bringing wine and booze on board Cunard. One of the pleasures of Cunard, believe me! Lovely contrast to some of their competitors.

Reading this brought to mind a gentleman sitting with his wife/partner at a table near to us on Queen Elizabeth a couple of years ago. Firstly, he hadn't bothered to dress according to the dress code (which caught the attention of many people). Secondly, as he made his way to their table, everyone nearby could see a bottle of wine, wrapped in newspaper, sticking out of his jacket pocket. After taking their seats, he furtively slipped the wrapped bottle under the table and then produced it unwrapped on the table along with a can of beer that he must also have slipped into a pocket, all the while looking all round him to see if anyone had noticed. He was so conspicuous he might have well shouted "look I've brought my own wine and beer!"

The waiting staff had noticed, but pretended not to. I guess Cunard use a degree of common sense with regards to passenger using their own wine.