Dress Codes Change Again

figgy1978

We were checking our itinerary on our Cruise Personaliser and noticed that on some Informal nights, jackets are now optional. I have checked with Cunard and at first they told me that this was normal. When I pressed them the brand team have confirmed this is a new change. It is not on their website. Is this Cunard dumbing down the dress code further?

Are they late sail aways? I haven't checked the dress code calendar recently (I don't have anything booked) so I don't know if this is something they have done on all cruises.

It's the first time I have seen it mentioned on here.

Are they late sail aways? I haven't checked the dress code calendar recently (I don't have anything booked) so I don't know if this is something they have done on all cruises.

It's the first time I have seen it mentioned on here.

If it will assist, our booked five future for 2016 are showing a solid "jacket required" :)

I'm on board QM2 for parts of November & December this year; ALL "Informal" evenings (whether at sea, or at the end of a day in port) are showing "Jacket Required" :) :) :)

Hope this helps.

Edited by pepperrn

Because the dress code is a minimum standard, no matter how much it is dumbed down I wear a jacket and tie every night in the main dining room. I am pleased to note that anywhere from 25% to 50% of gents have done the same on my voyages.
Well said david,Mississauga :), same with me; jacket and tie on "Informal" evenings. I agree with your observation, that is also my experience.

Best wishes,

Because the dress code is a minimum standard, no matter how much it is dumbed down I wear a jacket and tie every night in the main dining room. I am pleased to note that anywhere from 25% to 50% of gents have done the same on my voyages.

We are even more "Old School", it is a suit and tie for "Informal". :)

"Jacket Optional" doesn't make sense just because people are embarking the ship. Many men find it convenient to wear a jacket for travel anyway - plenty of pockets for travel documents.

"Jacket Required" is the only thing keeping Cunard dining from sliding down to the "standards" of the namesake brand.

A primary reason we go on sea cruises is the dinner atmosphere made special by the dress code. Reducing the formality makes other travel options - such as land trips and destination vacations - equally appealing to us.

Cunard needs to be aware that dumbing-down their dress code not only makes themselves more generic within the cruise market, it also opens themselves up to other competitors such as those vacations that don't involve ships.

Cunard, please take note.

We are on a 7 night from Venice to Rome October on Q V yes we were

surprised with first night being Jacket Optional but we also came

to the conclusion that it's first day for us so maybe they are factoring in many

Passengers may have opted to stay later in Venice sightseeing /dining off

ship as we leave late evening, plus if there happens to be a issue with luggage

arriving late at cabins and passenger is early dining it leaves things abit more flexible,

so it seems jacket optional is on turn around days ie 21 day cruise which every 7 some leave, new passengers board

Mrs Blue Sky

Totally new to Cunard.

Can someone explain where and how I find this dress diary.

Can't even find the personaliser.

Thanks.

Hi once you have your cruise booking number go to Cunard webpage 'manage my booking' top

of the page selection click on that page changes Voyage Personaliser should pop onto screen or google Cunard cruise voyager

Once you log in in left hand side 'things to do list' select voyage information

the option Voyage itinerary will appear select this option will give you ports of call and dress code. Hope this helps 😀

A lot of us were very unhappy with the dress code on board the QM2 last October for the Bluenote cruise and lodged complaints at the purser's desk. The World Club Hostess was advising us to do that. Obviously it worked since they made a change to the dress code for later that week.

I could be forgiving for no jacket required on embarkation day since luggage can take a while to arrive, plus the fact a lot of people skip the dining room that evening to be out for sail-away. But I absolutely do no forgive dumbing it down like they tried to on the Bluenote.

Hi once you have your cruise booking number go to Cunard webpage 'manage my booking' top

of the page selection click on that page changes Voyage Personaliser should pop onto screen or google Cunard cruise voyager

Once you log in in left hand side 'things to do list' select voyage information

the option Voyage itinerary will appear select this option will give you ports of call and dress code. Hope this helps 😀

Thanks, may be too far out. Or the Aussie site, it doesn't give that information.

Totally new to Cunard.

Can someone explain where and how I find this dress diary.

Can't even find the personaliser.

Thanks.

I'm in the U.S., but here is the URL I have for the login page to the Australian version of the Cunard Voyage Personaliser:

https://vp.cunardline.com.au/login

Give that a try. It should prompt your for your name, date of birth and booking reference number. I hope that works for you.

EDIT: Sorry, I am not sure if your latest reply meant that you were successful in finding the voyage personaliser, but it just did not list the dress code for your voyage. If so, than the link I provided probably won't be any different in that regard.

Regards,

John.

Edited by bluemarble

I'm in the U.S., but here is the URL I have for the login page to the Australian version of the Cunard Voyage Personaliser:

https://vp.cunardline.com.au/login

Give that a try. It should prompt your for your name, date of birth and booking reference number. I hope that works for you.

EDIT: Sorry, I am not sure if your latest reply meant that you were successful in finding the voyage personaliser, but it just did not list the dress code for your voyage. If so, than the link I provided probably won't be any different in that regard.

Regards,

John.

Sorry if it wasn't clear, yep found the personaliser just no dress code, tells me dining time each night but not dress code.

It's not a big issue.