2 Salings in my personliser ( happy )

antsp

For the first time in my cruising life we have 2 cruises in our personliser, just booked a 10 day Mexico on the Ruby for January, and a 14 day Transatlantic in April on the Crown.

The Transatlantic is the interesting one as we plan to book a round trip flight from the UK to Florida in April and a return flight in October, if all goes to plan we can sail to the USA on the Royal and then use the other half of our ticket, 2 cruises for the price of one flight

For the first time in my cruising life we have 2 cruises in our personliser, just booked a 10 day Mexico on the Ruby for January, and a 14 day Transatlantic in April on the Crown.

The Transatlantic is the interesting one as we plan to book a round trip flight from the UK to Florida in April and a return flight in October, if all goes to plan we can sail to the USA on the Royal and then use the other half of our ticket, 2 cruises for the price of one flight

Funny, I just experienced the same "first." It's nice, isn't it. :)

Edited by smixsell

Book 1 more and you will have 3.:rolleyes:

Exciting!

Congrats! It's a great feeling! I have two Princess and one Celebrity booked. The planning is a lot of fun.

You are so right about the planning be a lot of fun. I love filling out the cruise info on Princess and printing out my luggage tags. We are on Regal in Dec. this will be our sixth cruise on her, and I still like the planning. We cruise to relax, so I don't mind going on the same ship to the same ports. For us it is like going to a resort that is on the ocean.

Congrats! Nice feeling, huh?

Of course, for some of us, even two isn't enough...

I've been looking at my list...and I had three...but they seemed so far away that I had to book another one in the meanwhile...

Now I am stacked four deep...

Of course, only one is on Princess...but, when I look at my Princess account, for some reason, they show TWO! Both on the same cruise...No, I am not taking two cabins...We originally had my TA put a complimentary hold on a cabin, then called back the next day to book a different category cabin and only put a deposit down on the second one...

It's been several days now, but Princess is still showing both like we have two bookings!

EDIT: Just checked again and they've finally removed the extraneous booking...took them 5 days!

Edited by Bruin Steve

Definitely doable and you will get good fares by booking early. The only point you will need to look out for, but not be disturbed by is the fact that airlines don't open up for bookings until 330 days before the flight.

So whilst you will already be able to look at schedules for your outbound flight, and will be able to look at the cost of return tickets where the return sector is in mid-July, you will have to wait until late November / early December before you can make a confirmed return booking coming home in October.

Also when making you booking don't forget to look at open jaw tickets (accessed by clicking on multi-city on the booking page of airline sites) as it is often cheaper and much easier to fly out LHR-MIA but return FLL-LHR via either CLT or PHL. OK you have to change flights on the way home, but I prefer to get rid of the bags and leave FLL at around 14h and spend a couple of hours at preferably CLT rather than hang around with the bags waiting to check in for a 17h / 19h flight out of MIA.

Unfortunately doesn't work on the outbound flight as you can't check your bags all the way to FLL as you have to clear immigration and re-check in your bags at your first point of entry into the USA.

One other point, is that the schedule for the FLL CLT/PHL sector may not come up until more like 300 days out so you will get access to BA/AA/Virgin Direct flights some weeks before you can see the benefit of coming home from FLL.

Whatever, good luck seems a neat idea.

Oops nearly forgot. Also check out Norwegian Air. They offer an 'Easyjet' style transatlantic service out of LGW (Gatwick) and there is no penalty for booking two singles.

Arghh. One thing you will need to be careful over is whether or not the airline will allow you to board the outbound aircraft without a US Visa as, although you are coming home and returning to the US by sea, your return ticket will suggest to them as indicating that you are staying for more than the 90 days permitted with an ESTA. Shouldn't be a problem if you are able to show them your cruise booking, but best to be prepared.

Edited by Corfe Mixture

Thanks for the info, I aways use kayak to search for flights so it opens up all rates and options, time off work in October or November hasn't been confirmed yet, if we get October off we will sail over to USA on the Royal, if it's November we think it will be Celebrity on the Silhouette. So no flights can be booked until the earliest November