A Turn-Off (For Me)

Observer

I have a lot of nights on Silversea and received a message from my sales rep that the 2018 catalog is now available. There were links in the message to that catalog and others. To access any of them, one had to provide name/address/phone and consent to receive junk mail/spam from Silversea. I am seriously considering moving back to Silversea from Crystal. But Silversea's requiring that I provide lots of information just to look at a brochure online is a real turn-off. For the moment, Crystal still has my deposits. Who knows how I might have acted had I been able to browse the new Silversea brochure online?

I have a lot of nights on Silversea and received a message from my sales rep that the 2018 catalog is now available. There were links in the message to that catalog and others. To access any of them, one had to provide name/address/phone and consent to receive junk mail/spam from Silversea. I am seriously considering moving back to Silversea from Crystal. But Silversea's requiring that I provide lots of information just to look at a brochure online is a real turn-off. For the moment, Crystal still has my deposits. Who knows how I might have acted had I been able to browse the new Silversea brochure online?

We just googled "New 2018 Itineraries - Silversea" and came up with 24 pages of sailings for that year. The website did not ask for any information from us. Perhaps that will work for you.

Thanks very much. That is helpful. It's not a proper brochure with photos of dashing folk like me contemplating the horizon, but it did have helpful schedules. I note there are no schedules for Whisper for early months of 2018. I assume this is because Whisper will be doing the World Cruise and the itinerary is not yet set.

Thanks again.

When the first email arrives, "unsubscribe".

If it's snail mail, compost it.

Job done.

You don't need a catalogue, just go directly to the website http://www.silversea.com and it's all there without giving away your personal details and exposing yourself to all the spam rubbish.

I don't click on hyperlinks embedded in emails - I might take notice of the information but I think it's generally safer (nothing ever being completely safe) to go directly (via Google if your awesome bar doesn't find it) to the main website of the company in which you are interested. There is a caveat to this though - if going via Google, look very carefully at the URLs being offered to make sure you are going to the proper site; many agencies masquerade as the real thing (especially for booking hotels), it's important to keep away from them as they'll generate a lot of spam too.

Edited by jollyjones