Copenhagen hotels with air-conditioning

Bella O

My daughter has some health concerns, and I really want to book a hotel pre-cruise that has reliable air-conditioning for our stay next summer. Are there any hotels in the downtown area that I can trust to have air besides the Marriott?

The Scandic Palace looks great, but their web-site says "air cooling" and a few reviews complained about how warm the rooms are. Did you happen to use the air when you were there to your satisfaction?

Another possibility might be the Raddison Blu. The rooms are a bit dated, but a very comfortable large size for Europe. The rooms facing Tivoli gardens have an amazing view of the fireworks that are held on Saturday nights. They were very reasonably priced two years ago, and our family room included a lovely buffett.

Edited by kitkat343

We were there the first week in June. We definitely used the AC, but mostly just to keep the room from being stuffy. Google Copenhagen weather. It is cool and a bit rainy a lot. Not saying you couldn't be there for a sunny stretch, but I got the impression it tends to the cooler side.

We have been to Copenhagen twice in July... And the second time, it was in the upper 80s. Quite hot actually and we were very glad we had a/c ( it was a/c, not "air cooling" which I think is different) . We stayed in 3 hotels in Denmark ( two outside of Copenhagen) and 2 did not have a/c, as it is not the norm. Luckily, the weather was cooler when we were at the first two. As soon as we got to Copenhagen, the sun was very strong.

My friend stayed at the very nice Admiral Hotel ( next to the Scandic Front) and she complained of the hot nights. No a/c.

You can also stay at the Hilton Copenhagen at the airport. They have very nice rooms and great AC. We got a day pass on the metro and zipped into town and back with no problems.

The rooms also accommodated 3 which is rare over in Europe.

Another vote for the Hilton (confession - I'm a HH member and used a combination of points, member rates and a killer B&B deal). W stayed there 4 days prior to departing Oceankaj on Aug 19th aboard the Regal Princess. Huge rooms, air-con, sound-proofed and less than 15 mins by metro into the City. Also great for arriving cream-crackered after your flight as it was less than 20 mins from landing to hitting the bed face down!

The well-located Square Hotel on the main square across from City Hall has excellent a/c. I spent hours on this very same issue when returning to Copenhagen four years after two utterly miserable nights in mid-June at the historic Admiral Hotel where I sweltered and had the most miserable hotel stay of my life.

If you book The Square, request a quiet room on the side street.

We just got back from our Baltic cruise last week. While not technically downtown, we stayed at the ABSALON, great hotel with nice helpful and friendly staff, and a great breakfast buffet is included! While the weather was cool enough not to have the a/c on, we did use it. I chose this hotel for the fact that it did and had a great location. An easy 2 block walk from the Central train station and convenient bus stops. Tivoli gardens is also across the street from the station on the other side.

• 1 month later...
The Crown Plaza also has A/C though it is pricey and does not include breakfast with the basic rate.

We are booked to stay here one night post cruise next September. Oddly, in trying to make my reservation 3 weeks ago, the Crown Plaza was the only hotel available the night we needed at a reasonable price. Every other hotel I tried either has no rooms avaiable even tho its a year in advance (both Marriotts and the Hilton) or the price was at least 1,000DKK more than Crown Plaza. It seems to have gotten good reviews on Trip Advisor but wanted to see what you have to say. How is the location? Was it easy to get from the port to the hotel? Is the hotel nearby to the major sites? Any info you can provide is greatly appreciated.:)

As I posted in the Wonderful Copenhagen thread there are 2 major conferences going on between the 3rd and 9th.

That combined with some large cruise ships off loading and oading passengers in the same timespand will result in shortage of hotel rooms.

Our date is September 13, 2017 - are either of the conferences you reference taking place then???

We just booked the Andersen Boutique Hotel for 3 nights starting Sept 6, 2017 for pre cruise lodging. While making the reservation I was informed that the hotel will have air conditioning and sound proof windows installed prior to our arrival. Not sure when this is being done so you might check directly with hotel.

This will be our first trip to Europe and it's been a little stressful planning. We've been very pleased with the hotel customer service and are looking forward to our stay there and to our visit to Copenhagen.

We are just back from our stay at the Scandic Front Hotel, the aircon worked very well as well as the option to open the window if you want fresh air.

Now that the street works outside are finished the location in great its just 3 minutes walk from Nyhaven.:)

• 3 weeks later...
We are booked to stay here one night post cruise next September. Oddly, in trying to make my reservation 3 weeks ago, the Crown Plaza was the only hotel available the night we needed at a reasonable price. Every other hotel I tried either has no rooms avaiable even tho its a year in advance (both Marriotts and the Hilton) or the price was at least 1,000DKK more than Crown Plaza. It seems to have gotten good reviews on Trip Advisor but wanted to see what you have to say. How is the location? Was it easy to get from the port to the hotel? Is the hotel nearby to the major sites? Any info you can provide is greatly appreciated.:)

I'm sorry I just saw your question. I'm not on here all too often.

We actually ended up booking Hotel Christian IV since it is in the city center. But no A/C.

The Crown Plaza is close to the airport but you will need to take public transport to get to city center. The Wondeful Copenhagen thread has tons of info.

• 2 months later...

If anyone has booked or is going to book the Hilton Copenhagen Airport, it is changing ownership as of April 2017. It is to become a Clarion hotel. I was glad to find this out ahead of our July cruise since I was planning to use it with Hilton points.

We too have reservations at the CPH Hilton. Choice Hotels' Clarion labelled hotel group will assume management on April 1. Neither Hilton or Choice will release booking information as of today 2/8. Choice supervisors would not guarantee that Hilton booked reservations would be honored, even pre-paid reservations. The Clarion is not available for booking at this time.

As more information becomes available please post. I will too and I will check back often.

Yes that's why I cancelled our reservation there as soon as I found out. Thank goodness I didn't do a prepaid reservation. There might be a lot of people who did though, especially with the Hilton Honors Winter Sale that has been going on for their Europe hotels. I can't imagine that Clarion wouldn't honor a prepaid reservation! That would be insane. I just don't want to deal with it so I already moved us to a different hotel.